Feb 23, 2020, 06:34 PM
A man with a plan
Thread OP
Discussion

mufflers, prop nuts and needle valves

You know that scene at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark? They wheel the crate into a warehouse full of crates that all look the same. I wonder if there's a box in there with all of the missing mufflers, prop nuts and needle valves from the engines that are offered for sale.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2020, 06:37 PM
Scott
I have been trying to clean out my garage this weekend. I think I tripped over your box yesterday..

Scott
Feb 24, 2020, 01:47 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsaworkbench
You know that scene at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark? They wheel the crate into a warehouse full of crates that all look the same. I wonder if there's a box in there with all of the missing mufflers, prop nuts and needle valves from the engines that are offered for sale.
I sure can use that crate.
Feb 24, 2020, 05:50 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
BWB - don’t forget about whole carburetors, too. I don’t know how many engines I’ve ended up with that were sans carburetors upon arrival.
Feb 24, 2020, 05:57 AM
There must also be a large box of prop locking nuts for four stroke motors....... really irritates me the amount of engines for sale that are missing these !!
Feb 24, 2020, 12:57 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by futaba1024
There must also be a large box of prop locking nuts for four stroke motors....... really irritates me the amount of engines for sale that are missing these !!
I think I have a pile of those.
Feb 24, 2020, 08:31 PM
I bet most of those other boxes were filled with old props. I know I got one.
Feb 24, 2020, 08:37 PM
Balsadustus Producerus
It would be better if those 'accessories' were offered separately, at least they'd be available, but, NOOOooo...
Latest blog entry: Single Channel Case
Feb 24, 2020, 08:51 PM
A man with a plan
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboPilotFL
I bet most of those other boxes were filled with old props. I know I got one.
Or all of that other stuff you don't want to throw away because it will be useful some day, like glow plug washers, three matching screws, a spring, and a control horn. I have a big pile of that kind of stuff on my building table.
Feb 28, 2020, 01:23 PM
What happens to all those plans and instructions that disappear from swap meet model k it boxes?
Mar 01, 2020, 06:31 PM
One of the worlds best hobbies
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
What happens to all those plans and instructions that disappear from swap meet model k it boxes?

That is a big one!
Mar 01, 2020, 07:13 PM
Still gassin' it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
Maybe they get folded into large paper planes?

Quick Reply