Feb 23, 2020, 10:55 AM
"the analog man"
Thread OP
Discussion

X24 Automatch

Jim, I need to do the Automatch routine on my Carden Extra 330. The rudder is driven by two servos, one on each side of the fuse. I am using a FrSKY Horus X12S transmitter, and two of their SBUS receivers plugged into the X24. All seems to be working OK. I've watched your Automatch video a few times, and in the video you show that both servos on the elevator half are controlled by channel #3 of your transmitter. I currently have every servo on a separate channel, and the rudder is controlled by channels 11 and 12, and the servos are plugged into the X24 at C7 and C8. Will the Automatch work as shown in the video if I correctly input the assigned channel numbers, or do the Master and Slave have to be controlled by the same transmitter channel? Just asking.
The ailerons have two servos per surface, and the rudder, but the elevators only have one servo per side, so don't require matching.
Larry Fitch
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2020, 10:53 PM
Automatch uses a single channel per surface, and ALL slaves are driven by the master. So, you just assign a single channel to the master and disable the outputs (Output Ports Menu) where the slaves are plugged into. Look at the manual and follow the video. You can not have a separate channel for each servo that is auto matched on the same surface! With the X24 you could fly a plane requiring 14 servos with 5 channel radio.
Feb 24, 2020, 10:01 AM
"the analog man"
Thread OP

Thanks

Jim, thanks for the response and the info. I'm not sure if we are talking with the same vocabulary or not. We must use an SBUS output from 1 to 4 receivers as input to the X24, and SBUS has 16 channels. Are you saying the X24 only uses a few (5 in your example) of the channels being inputed? When I go to my channel monitor in my X12S transmitter, and move the rudder from left to right, channels 11 and 12 show that movement. That is how I have the radio setup currently. I could set the radio up to have rudder assigned to some other channel(s), but normally have each servo on a separate channel. Guess I'll need to reassign channel to stick functions. Easy enough to do, but not something I would have expected.
Related question: I take it I need to assign all master and slave servos for one surface to the same "group"? In my current effort of setting up my Extra, there would be 3 groups. One for left wing (2 aileron servos), one for right wing, and a third for rudder and it's two servos?
Final question ( for now): Is there a "best" assignment for throttle? My transmitter is currently using channel 3. I am thinking of using output D1, as it is nearest to the throttle servo.

Larry
Feb 24, 2020, 03:09 PM
The SBUS data outputs 18 channels total, 16 proportional and 2 “switches”. In order to use the automatch feature all slave servos must be controlled by the master, not by the transmitter itself. For transmitter you just need left aileron, right aileron, and rudder as single channel outputs. You will be automatching will be for each aileron and the rudder. Each elevator half will be separate channel (because they are not connected together).

I use D1 for my throttle and E2 for my ignition power/cutoff.
Last edited by JimDrew; Feb 25, 2020 at 08:53 AM.
Feb 24, 2020, 04:04 PM
"the analog man"
Thread OP

Thanks a lot

Jim, now it is all making sense to me. Thanks. I think I will use E1 for ignition as the 3W module can run on my 2S LiPo batteries. Thanks,

Larry Fitch
Feb 25, 2020, 08:54 AM
You should be able to run your 3W through E1 without separate ignition batteries.
Feb 25, 2020, 09:19 AM
"the analog man"
Thread OP

Thanks

Thanks Jim, That was my plan.

Larry

Quick Reply