Feb 23, 2020, 12:22 AM
Thread OP
Question

Motor and Prop for Max Efficiency?

Hello,
Im looking for advice on a motor and prop combo for long range efficiency. I frequently fly out 5 miles with my Sonicmodell Wing with a pair of Ion lipos and can stay up for 20 minutes.
But im looking for a more efficient motor and prop recommendation.

Thanks!!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2020, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstar75
Hello,
Im looking for advice on a motor and prop combo for long range efficiency. I frequently fly out 5 miles with my Sonicmodell Wing with a pair of Ion lipos and can stay up for 20 minutes.
But im looking for a more efficient motor and prop recommendation.

Thanks!!
It would be helpful to have more detailed information on the model and its current power setup.
What specific model is it?
How much does it weigh all up?
Approximate wing area and wing span?
Current prop make, diameter, pitch and number of blades?
Specific motor model and specs?
Battery voltage, mAh capacity and weight?
Room for larger battery?
Any limits on prop diameter?
Feb 27, 2020, 05:41 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
The general formula for long range is large diameter, low RPM, and as much pitch as you can get.
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod

Quick Reply