Feb 23, 2020, 12:08 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Spirit Pro setup

I am setting up the spirit Pro and with the throttle off everything moves like it should but when I give it throttle nothing moves correctly where should I do?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2020, 03:43 AM
Can you be more specific?
Feb 23, 2020, 09:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCl
Can you be more specific?
With the throttle hold on I have Collective and full control of the swash plate but with the throttle hold off as I give it more Collective or cyclic it doesn't move much or at all.
Feb 24, 2020, 04:29 AM
It actually sounds like you have a flat throttle setting in your curve set up. Try a linear set up and see what happens.
Feb 24, 2020, 04:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
It actually sounds like you have a flat throttle setting in your curve set up. Try a linear set up and see what happens.
Thank you. I'll give that a try tonight after work.
Feb 25, 2020, 01:16 PM
UK 550/600 Tarot distributor
I dont think it's the pitch curve that's at fault because that would not effect the cyclic response.

What it might be is if you have bank switching activated in the Spirit and if the bank is switching from bank 0 to bank 1 (or bank 2) when you release throttle hold. The collective and cyclic pitch range has to be set separately in each bank, so if you only set up Bank 0 during setup then Banks 1 and 2 will still be at default values, which gives very low movement.

In the 'Backup' screen of the software is a button that shows any difference between the setup in each bank, which can be very useful.
Feb 25, 2020, 03:01 PM
I just reread the original question. You are finding the cyclic response changing with the position of your throttle hold switch?
Feb 25, 2020, 08:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I just reread the original question. You are finding the cyclic response changing with the position of your throttle hold switch?
Okay I checked it tonight and one of the problems I'm having is I'm trying to set up the spirit Pro and the ar7210bx at the same time so I put the 7210 aside and I'm just working on the spirit Pro now. Okay with throttle hold on the cyclic works like it should and the collective works like it should but when I start the motor up it goes really slow on the collective and the cyclic doesn't work right it seems to want to lean right but doesn't change when I move the helicopter but when I give it left stick cyclic both servos in the front move up and down when I give it right only the right we'll go down. The 7210 I think I have dialed in now except for I have to figure out how to reverse my servos on my DX8 Gen 2
Mar 03, 2020, 08:57 PM
Thread OP
With the throttle hold on as I increase the pitch from zero on up to 100 % the right front servo moves like it should but the back will jump up real fast at 1/2 stick and the left front servo starts all the way up at 0 then jumps all the way down like maybe it needs reversed? I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I was going to try to upload a video but it won't let me.
Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Hi, just a suggestion maybe head on over to the spirit forum, the guys from spirit are really helpful. Aside from that maybe try the following it's what I would do.
1st things 1st do firmware updates both base and normal.
Than do a factory reset and than follow the setup wizard, get all your servo specs before hand, you will need them.
Also use the online manual from spirit it explains the desired outcomes of the setup steps a bit more.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 10:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarb
Hi, just a suggestion maybe head on over to the spirit forum, the guys from spirit are really helpful. Aside from that maybe try the following it's what I would do.
1st things 1st do firmware updates both base and normal.
Than do a factory reset and than follow the setup wizard, get all your servo specs before hand, you will need them.
Also use the online manual from spirit it explains the desired outcomes of the setup steps a bit more.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I ended up having a really good guy in New Jersey set it up for me and it's perfect now. Thank you. If I get another one and I can't get it I'll check there.
Today, 12:51 AM
Did he tell you what you had wrong? Just curious!

Quick Reply