Feb 21, 2020, 01:19 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Pitch and roll inputs to autogyro rotors

Hi
I’m looking at building my first autogyro and have looked at a myriad of designs and YouTube videos of some very successful ones. Several single rotor models are very aerobatic and loop perfectly but when I check the plans they all have simple shaft tilt controls in both pitch and roll planes without any consideration to gyroscopic phase shift of control forces. Is this because the rotors do not rotate as fast as powered rotors and have less effect?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2020, 02:34 AM
Good Morning,

you are quite correct, lots and lots of stuff out there but you missed the only 'real' source: -

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...r-Aerodynamics

There is also a dedicated forum and this subject has been covered on there quite a few times as well: -

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ns-and-Answers

Have a look-see there and if anything is still unclear you would be better off posting in the dedicated thread, lot of the experts don't have time to trawl every thread every day but they do see if anyone has posted in the 'educational' threads and respond accordingly.....

Have fun learning,

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......

Quick Reply