Feb 26, 2020, 12:43 PM
So cool...but missing rainbow....

James
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2020, 05:33 PM
Come out swinging
I'm curious to read the flight reports as they begin to come in. The BAMF is an awesome model.

Sean
Feb 29, 2020, 05:01 PM
plays with toy planes
Inquiring minds want to know how the existing BAMF 2pc wings nest or stack alongside BAMF 2 2pc wings. You know, in case somebody wanted to stuff one of each into a rifle case. Hypothetically.
Mar 01, 2020, 12:50 PM
Thread OP
Barry, I'll let you know once I have everything in hand to try to fit together

The new wings and fuselages are looking really nice, I'm hoping my models will be delivered quickly along with the first team pilots' models.
Mar 01, 2020, 06:40 PM
Build thread?
Mar 01, 2020, 08:36 PM
Thread OP
I'll use this as a build thread once my models arrive and I figure out all the dimensions, where to make all the cuts, etc
Mar 12, 2020, 09:56 PM
Why grow up, it makes no sense
Super work with the BAMF2 and the Deviant Thomas. They look awesome.

Will there be an option for an expert built BAMF2 like with the Deviant? And is there a shipping cost advantage when ordering both?
Mar 16, 2020, 06:39 PM
Thread OP
Hi SwaFly, yes the BAMF 2 will be available as a Receiver-Ready model too
Unfortunately no shipping savings when ordering both as they're shipped from separate factories in Ukraine.
Mar 16, 2020, 06:41 PM
Thread OP
Update on COVID-19 in Ukraine: things are much slower than anticipated as things are closing/etc and even getting supplies are much harder than usual. A couple days ago they've announced no more foreign travel into Ukraine, and as of the 16th borders are partially closed. The city of Kyiv is also going under some sort of curfew or lockdown from what I've been told - metro and public transit is no longer operating. Not really sure how all this affects things yet (other than that there will be further delays), but will keep things updated.
Mar 16, 2020, 09:15 PM
I know, I know - wrong forum... anyone in the pacific northwest interested in unloading your used BAMF (or similar) for $ for a new BAMF2?
Mar 17, 2020, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
Update on COVID-19 in Ukraine: things are much slower than anticipated as things are closing/etc and even getting supplies are much harder than usual. A couple days ago they've announced no more foreign travel into Ukraine, and as of the 16th borders are partially closed. The city of Kyiv is also going under some sort of curfew or lockdown from what I've been told - metro and public transit is no longer operating. Not really sure how all this affects things yet (other than that there will be further delays), but will keep things updated.
Thanks for update- per our PM a while back- I'm still in for a turnkey model. May be a while but will be worth it. Thanks.
Mar 21, 2020, 02:20 PM
Thread OP
Even though things are going slowly we are still churning out some BAMF 2's. This coming week the factory will be off so the workers can go home and take care of their families, but we are expecting a couple of guys to be back for some partial work the week after.

We've also been testing silver booms to keep the heat off the booms, which soften the resin and make the booms a lot softer and easier to break. It does add a bit of weight so we'll have to see how it balances out, but with the longer nose, it shouldn't be an issue.

I've heard of some concerns about how thin the fuselage is, and truth be told it has proven to be a challenge to make it stiff enough for the Gavins of the world and from the less than perfect landings. We spent several weeks just working on the fuselage layup... it was no easy feat to keep the weight reasonable while still able to resist 4KG of loads. Current fuselages are about 37/38 grams and over time we are expecting it to lower by about 3 grams. Walls are thick so hoop strength is incredible, and stiffness is rock-solid.
Mar 21, 2020, 04:23 PM
Looking great Thomas!
Did you get my pm from a week ago yesterday?

Craig
Mar 21, 2020, 07:50 PM
Very excited about this! No worries, all of this virus stuff will come to pass.

Please email me with invoice for turn key model when production gets up to full speed. Thanks.
Mar 22, 2020, 02:38 AM
Waiting for the stupid virus to clear so I can get mine...

Quick Reply