RCGroups Place of the Month - Coffee Airfoilers

This month's featured Place is the Coffee Airfoilers located in Tullahoma, TN. This is an awesome club about an hour my me with a solid group of pilots flying nearly all aspects of the RC hobby.

Splash

RCGroups February Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is the Coffee Airfoilers located in Tullahoma, TN. This is an awesome club about an hour my me with a solid group of pilots flying nearly all aspects of the RC hobby. They have events all year long and everyone is invited. Here's the welcome letter from the club:

"We are so fortunate to have the facilities that we have. There is a little over 35 acres of clear, treeless flying area. Two sailplane launch areas. One at the North end of the Field and one at the South end so no matter which way the wind is blowing you are sure to have a good time. We have ample clear areas at either end to fly Helicopters. Electrics have plenty of room too! We now have solar panels to provide plenty of power for our large charging station. All you have to provide is a charger!

We have a 300 foot paved runway, with 4 taxi strips, and 6 run-up areas. There are 8 tables for getting your plane ready, or, if you like, 6 safety stands for getting your plane running and ready.

Spectators are always welcome! On any given weekend, weather permitting, there are usually 6 or more aircraft in the air. What ever you like to fly or watch. Electrics, Giant Scale, 3D, 2 stroke, 4 stroke, or gas! Even an occasional jet if the pilot gets up enough NERVE!! And DON'T FORGET the Helicopters. They will really dazzle you with some of the stunts they perform."

Check out the Coffee Airfoilers Places Page Here

Last edited by Jason Cole; Feb 19, 2020 at 01:03 PM..
Feb 19, 2020, 10:45 PM
Thanks Jason!! Looks really good.
[email protected]
Feb 26, 2020, 06:29 AM
Y'all come join us.
Feb 26, 2020, 08:19 AM
jrb
jrb
Wow!

Quite an improvement to the field since I was a member while stationed at AEDC in the early 80s.

Also, was a member of the Highland Yacht Club too.

Jim B.

Quick Reply