Feb 18, 2020, 08:51 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Drone Concept

Hi,

I'm not sure if you guys have messed around with this before, but I want to find out how it would work out. Basically, I'm thinking of making a tricopter drone where the two front motors are able to rotate with servos/stepper motors. Sort of like what you would find in a VTOL aircraft.

The idea is that this would give me good manoeuvrability, however allow me to fly fast as well. And i wouldn't have to worry about the torque problem found with having three rotors... as i can counter this with the front motors.

I hope this makes sense, Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2020, 10:00 PM
frsky rover3 basically?
Feb 24, 2020, 12:57 AM
Yupe, check it out the FrSky Rover3
Feb 26, 2020, 04:15 PM
Thread OP
If i gear up a stepper motor, would that be better for controlling the rotors compared to a servo. Is speed or precision more important?
Mar 22, 2020, 02:21 AM
Thread OP
If I use a T layout instead of Y, can I counteract tail rotor torque without needing to have a Yaw controller on the rear motor?

The idea is that i use the front rotor rotation to counteract the torque.

Quick Reply