Mar 25, 2020, 10:37 AM
Marco,

Thank you very much for your update... In regard to the trim, do you mean blisters under the white trim decals? If so, your needle idea was good. What about warming up (not too hot because don't want the foam to gator) the trim stickers with a hair dryer just a bit to make the adhesive tacky again to make the air blisters re-adhere?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2020, 01:26 PM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
Yes. Try a very warm slightly moist towel out of the oven. Then rub them in with a dry micro fiber cloth.

Yay, I just received my notice and mine will be here tomorrow !
Only took a month....lol
I fully understand why.

Looks like Amazon is bumped out about a month now on servos etc.
Mar 25, 2020, 02:15 PM
Sonic Liner,

Thanks for the info... What temperature are you setting the oven at with a moist micro-fiber towel in it? How long are you heating it up for? Then you wipe it with the moist one and then you wipe again with a regular non-heated dry micro-fiber towel, correct? Just trying to get the process down. Thanks again as I know a hair dryer can cause gatoring because it gets too hot too quickly. No notice for mine yet, ordered on 03/22 and waiting to get it in FL...
Mar 25, 2020, 03:15 PM
I use a spay bottle and spray a terry cloth hand towel with warm water. Set the oven as low as it will go. Put in the outstretched towel for a few min
And remove . lay it on the wing...very warm...not burning hot like faucet water !

After 30 seconds. Remove slightly moist towel. Its moist so that it makes better surface contact. Now take the room temp micro fiber towel and burnish out the bubbles of the pre pin picked decal from the outside inward. Repeat until satisfied with the results .

If you can say " Pre pin picked decal " 3 times really quickly without mistake......have a beer !
Mar 25, 2020, 10:34 PM
I use the hand warming mitt that I used to cover balsa kits. Just warm it up with a heat gun and use. An oven glove would work also. Should have my Pitts tomorrow
Mar 26, 2020, 04:51 AM
Well I finally received mine yesterday. Only took over a month. I had a big hole in the box. Thankfully no damage to the plane. Curious how to balance? Do I use the top or bottom wing?
155-165mm from the leading edge is almost back to the ailerons. Do I balance upside down?
Seems pretty hard to balance as the cg is so far back. I may be doing it wrong. Only 2nd biplane I have ever had.
Mar 26, 2020, 05:03 AM
bps
bps
From the top wing right side up. That’s the way I’ve always balanced biplanes.

Want one of these but no room in the hanger! So many planes and so little time (and money)!
Mar 26, 2020, 07:56 AM
Thread OP
mine is still in Singapore...
Mar 27, 2020, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
meantime... while we can get ours on the air...

Unseen clips before lock down (4 min 47 sec)
Mar 27, 2020, 11:59 AM
Thanks Sonic Liner, great information... Thanks BPS for the CG info as well. Still waiting for mine like most of you!
Mar 27, 2020, 12:25 PM
All good sir !

Mine said out for delivery yesterday but no joy....lol
Hopefully today.
Mar 27, 2020, 02:58 PM
I like the updated FMS website.
Mar 27, 2020, 03:08 PM
Well. It was a notification for my daughters easy glider I purchased. As far as I know, the model was dispatched to California and is sitting somewhere.
Mar 27, 2020, 06:16 PM
Oh well that stinks that you are still in line with us Sonic Liner... On what date did you order the easy glider? Buffythesaint, yes it is a better layout on the FMS website. They just need to get the spare parts and our historical orders uploaded into it. Probably another day or two.
Mar 27, 2020, 06:22 PM
The Glider made it here in 2 days from Visalia...LOL
Its in the glider classifides.

A bit more complicated. But can we get someone with a lap top in an apartment in China
to update whats happening to our orders FMS ?

Going on 5 weeks now. I think Horizon will deliver first.....LOL

Quick Reply