Feb 18, 2020, 05:54 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Picco 60 FISE ABC..

Just got this nice motor. Will go through it and may change BB to sealed ones. Both bearings are fully open.

But, my question is; what type of an exhaust adapter will fit what you see in the pix? all dimensions are in mm.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2020, 06:37 PM
And You're Not
If you could find a round Rossi style header it'd probably work. I bought some Nova Rossi rear exhaust headers for some of the older Rossi engines and posted some measurements. The Rossi (old style) header was about 24mm ID (I measured .95" which works out to 24.13mm). With the O-Ring in there, it'd probably be pretty close.

I think I have a side exhaust Rossi rectangle to round adapter I can measure - I bet the round part is the same diameter as the rear exhaust round part.

Or buy this Nova Rossi SE header

https://www.planethobby.com/collecti...products/40450

and some of these silicone adapters

https://www.planethobby.com/products...-shaped-gasket

Those adapters made the .990" ID Nova Rossi RE header fit right on a Rossi RE engine that was made for the .950" ID Rossi header.

I hope all my Rossi ramblings didn't scare you off, the Picco and Rossi exhausts are pretty close - I had a FIRE Picco but sold it, I bet I fit a Rossi header on it at some point just to see if it'd fit.
Last edited by Jeffery; Feb 19, 2020 at 06:36 PM.
Feb 24, 2020, 10:29 PM
Thread OP
Not scaring me man, thx for the info. I did think a Rossi being Italian made would fit. I'll dig in my junk , I may have a Rossi exhaust system somewhere.
Feb 25, 2020, 06:24 PM
18k rpm?
Feb 26, 2020, 12:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22
18k rpm?
LOL....I don't know...If you guys want, I can report numbers after I rebuild it and run it...
Feb 26, 2020, 02:14 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ehab
LOL....I don't know...If you guys want, I can report numbers after I rebuild it and run it...
Yes, keep us posted.
Feb 26, 2020, 06:09 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
Picco is a stellar made engine with fantastic metallurgy. As long as the previous owner who ran it wasn’t a dunce, that engine will run spectacularly and for a long time.
Feb 26, 2020, 11:13 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Picco is a stellar made engine with fantastic metallurgy. As long as the previous owner who ran it wasn’t a dunce, that engine will run spectacularly and for a long time.
Do you know the history of Picco? I think it has to do with part of the Rossi family. Also related to OPS?
Feb 26, 2020, 11:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
Do you know the history of Picco? I think it has to do with part of the Rossi family. Also related to OPS?
If I remember correctly, an OPS engineer left OPS and started Picco.

The case looks beautiful on the outside, but at the exhaust port, the casting is a little rough and has some casting edges that I may grind down to smooth out that area. Will not effect any timing.

The bearings are fully open, no shields, I will replace with shielded ones. I hate leaky engines!

Once I get a header for it and new bearings, it'll go on the chop block for some Italian Music!
Feb 26, 2020, 11:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
It looks like it was run very little, still very very tight, so it will have a re-break in for a few ounces of fuel. I think I have a Rossi pipe somewhere.
Feb 26, 2020, 12:13 PM
Scott
I remember reading that the P in OPS was Picco.

Scott
Feb 26, 2020, 12:29 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ehab
If I remember correctly, an OPS engineer left OPS and started Picco.

The case looks beautiful on the outside, but at the exhaust port, the casting is a little rough and has some casting edges that I may grind down to smooth out that area. Will not effect any timing.

The bearings are fully open, no shields, I will replace with shielded ones. I hate leaky engines!

Once I get a header for it and new bearings, it'll go on the chop block for some Italian Music!
My Italian music this weekend.
Feb 26, 2020, 12:31 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pylonracr
I remember reading that the P in OPS was Picco.

Scott
That's what I have read. Then there was the Rossi family and they have something to do with Picco and OPS also.

Those Italian families are big and complicated. I was just watching something about the emperors of the Roman empire. What a mess! Don't know how they lasted that long.
Feb 26, 2020, 12:54 PM
Thread OP
They eat too much Spaghetti and drink too much red wine, They ARE messed up, trust me I know...I am about 33.3333% Italian...
Feb 26, 2020, 12:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
My Italian music this weekend.
OK, stop the teasing, what engine and what plane?

Quick Reply