Feb 18, 2020, 12:47 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Zelos 36 twin

Hi can anyone help my motor mount plates have melted and I was told that they come with the boat and there not available to buy any where you have to buy a new hull .has anybody had this problem ,if so how did you solve it. I brought this boat 2nd hand but it's never been in the water .help .thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2020, 02:29 PM
RCexplained on YouTube
My recommendation is try contacting HorizonHobby. Ask them for a part number to make an order.
Feb 19, 2020, 12:10 PM
Thread OP

Zelos 36

Hi I've contacted them and the 2 motor mount trays that I need come already in the hull. You can't buy them only a new hull so it 450 in the bin .do all the parts fit into a miss geico .thanks ray
Feb 19, 2020, 06:37 PM
RCexplained on YouTube
There's got to be a way to build your own motor mounts out of wood or even 3D printed and then glass it in to the hull. That would be very cheap.

Which Miss Geico hull? There is a Zelos Miss Geico. It's nearly the same hull.
Feb 19, 2020, 08:45 PM
It would be nearly impossible for the motor mounts to be melted unless your motors actually caught fire and even then it would be hard for them to melt due to the fact that they are mounted to aluminum mounts and then they are bolted to the plastic mounts. Are you talking about where the stuffing tube comes through the mount? If so align it put epoxy around the stuffing tube re-align the motor mount and you're good. If not you will have to cut the whole mount out and install your own mounts which won't be fun. The Geico 36 and Zelos 36 are the same hull with different motors, drive cables, stingers, and motor mounts.
Last edited by MADRCER; Feb 19, 2020 at 11:27 PM.
Feb 20, 2020, 07:49 AM
Thread OP

Zelos 36

Hi yes it's where the stuffing tubes go through .thanks for your advice .ray
Feb 20, 2020, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo62
Hi yes it's where the stuffing tubes go through .thanks for your advice .ray
Place some small pieces of popsicle sticks in the melted gap as shims around the stuffing tube to make it align as close as you can to the motor collet and then fill around it with 2 part epoxy (slow cure) and you will be good to go and with more heat resistant than it was from the factory. Don't forget when you flip the boat more times than none the motors will shift. I draw a line on the mounts when I know they are right and go by that line to check before I send it. Good luck with it.
Last edited by MADRCER; Feb 20, 2020 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply