Feb 18, 2020, 09:45 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

China Hobby Line Flash Sale

Currently Ongoing,
Including USA Warehouse.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2020, 01:43 PM
Huge banner on the front page of their website. "Global warehouse shipping delay to Feb 26 because of Coronavirus".

At least they are being honest. Now is the time to lock in some good low prices if you can quarantine your purchases until you disinfect them.
Feb 18, 2020, 06:08 PM
Just batteries, it seems?
Feb 19, 2020, 02:40 PM
Thread OP
yes, but there is NO delay from the USA warehouse.

and yes, they are really good batteries. i run the R line and slowly switching over to the ministar 1500 120c batteries.
Feb 22, 2020, 09:44 PM
I use their batteries all the time. I just purchased another 4 more of the 6s 5000mah 65c and they are almost as small as the Common Sense 6s 5200mah. I have been using their batterier since 2014 and have found them to be better than most others, except the Turnigy Graphine.
Feb 23, 2020, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Smith
I use their batteries all the time. I just purchased another 4 more of the 6s 5000mah 65c and they are almost as small as the Common Sense 6s 5200mah. I have been using their batterier since 2014 and have found them to be better than most others, except the Turnigy Graphine.
The newer turnigy graphene packs are the best I have tested. Its good to know that these are that good as well. thanks.
Feb 26, 2020, 07:29 PM
You are welcome "hemibias". I now have 12 cycles on the 6s 5000 packs and find them to have good power. No puffing at least in a small 80mm jet. Seem to be running cool and IR is in the low 2's to 1.5 through most of the cells. For $65.00 you would be hard pressed to find a better battery in their class. I still believe the Graphene's from Turnigy are the way to go on 90mm and larger. Their IR ratings are below 1 making them my choice for the larger EDF's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiblas
The newer turnigy graphene packs are the best I have tested. Its good to know that these are that good as well. thanks.
Feb 26, 2020, 09:17 PM
Just got a bunch of batteries from them and very quick shipping.
Feb 29, 2020, 07:11 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Any info on the differences between the various product lines like g plus and black series?
Mar 02, 2020, 10:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Any info on the differences between the various product lines like g plus and black series?
yes, there is a difference in quality.
The G+ 100C batteries are their basic batteries, and probably not close to 100C, (like every other battery in this price) probably more like 80C, but still really good for their price.

The Ministar 120C batteries feel a LOT Stronger than their G+ series. A lot more punch, a lot less sag, (this was compared to batteries that were approx the same age, same day, same quad, one after another)

This is comparing 4s to 4s, I really only run CHNL Batteries now. I am sure there are better but I am a freestyle person, I don't need a $50 Battery.

(But am only really ordering the mini-star's from now on unless the prices are stupid cheap on the g+ Line)
Mar 04, 2020, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
I've got quite a few of their batteries in various c ratings. All have performed very well. I just recently picked up a pair of the 65c Black series in 6s 5000 to run in my 700 class heli. So far they've been great. A couple of buddies have gotten the 40c version and they are working great as well. I never did find a comparison as to what is different in the Black line but they are much smaller in size and lighter.
Mar 05, 2020, 01:49 AM
Ive bought a heap of the G+ .
Look at the price, the quality you're getting is obvious for the price. If its cheaper than a HK Blue, thats all you need to know.

The C rating is about HALF whats claimed , thats from others on RC Groups doing actual testing. So get a 55c minimum .

Ive quite a few that have 1 cell a bit weak after a few easy cycles.
They are still the cheapest that I can get that are actually worth buying , so I'll keep buying them.
Mar 12, 2020, 06:23 PM
aka ShadowVFX
I have to agree with 1101 here. I bought some 4000mah 6S 40C packs and they were toast within a few months of very modest EDF flying on my 70mm jets. Go with 50C or higher if you want your batteries to last more than a single season.
Yesterday, 07:38 PM
I bought a bunch or 70C Ministar and they have no Oumf at all! I did a few cycles on the charger to break thmne in slowly and did everything right; My heli tail is blowing out with these batteries as soon I push a bit. My 60C graphene hold it perfectly!
Those 70C are probably 25C. Not happy at all!
Last edited by Twinyfly; Yesterday at 07:44 PM.
Yesterday, 08:00 PM
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
buying chinese goods in these times???

Quick Reply