FURY F5K - ArmSoar

The FURY is a brand new model designed for the provisionary F5K rules. Read on to learn more!

Splash

FURY F5K

Been dying to let this cat out of the bag! This is the 2nd announcement so far on my current trip to Ukraine :D

We are coming out with the FURY, a brand new model designed for the provisionary F5K rules (with consideration on some changes that they might make to rules before being official) and P5B (Chinese e-glider competition).

As with the BAMF and Deviant, the FURY will be made in Ukraine. This will be made by the team at NLM who produces our Deviants. We spent the past few days finalizing some details and right now the stab mold is milled and the first test stab will be made by the end of this week. Other molds will begin milling this week.

Like the BAMF and Deviant, this will be produced in precision-CNC milled negative cores with a solid Rohacell core and Carboweave surface. I have some exciting ideas on graphics but can't announce it until later this week... stay tuned.

A short bit on the design... from talking to some people who have flown the F5K rules it felt clear to me that taking an existing F3K model and creating an e-fuse for it is not the most suitable as design rules and constraints are different. With the rules in place, F5K requires something with a larger and a higher lift wing section. The FURY wing is considerably bigger than all current DLG wings in area and produces more lift, so even at the higher wing loadings that F5K requires it will still be able to fly 'light'. Sections are based on the BAMF which is pretty much Synergy 2 airfoils.

In terms of the mechanics, the model will be 4-in-pod with servos fitting under the wing. The wing will come as center-split panels for ease of transport and will have a carbon joiner. The stab and fin are both removable, so the entire model can be broken down and fit inside a small box 1-meter long... perfect for shipping, taking in a car, flying to a contest... etc.

Similar to the BAMF and Deviant, the FURY will be extremely easy to assemble and build and will have a receiver-ready version shortly after the product launch.

Take a look at this teaser picture for now and the stab mold pre-milling, I will have more details to show shortly.

We are expecting the model to be available for roughly $750 - $850 USD depending on some final production figures. Models will be available for shipping by early April.

Cheers!! Stay tuned :popcorn:

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Feb 24, 2020 at 03:37 PM..
Feb 17, 2020, 01:29 PM
aka: Pauly Knuckles
Can't wait!! Congrats Thomas!,
Feb 17, 2020, 02:09 PM
Very nice. Should be another great product from armsoar.
Feb 17, 2020, 02:19 PM
This is awesome news.
Feb 17, 2020, 02:22 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Certainly, these F5K models don't need the wing to be as launch optimized as a DLG and with the higher weight they should penetrate with a higher lift airfoil. What we've been doing here in our local club is using wing's from older design DLG's. They seem to work pretty well. The other thing that happens is that it doesnt have to withstand the forces of a guy like Gavin throwing it. LOL

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the new Fury and how it compares to the planes we've been converting.

Keep up the good work, guys!
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest
Feb 17, 2020, 04:16 PM
Congratulations Thomas!!! Looks really nice!!!

Cannot wait for a video!
Feb 18, 2020, 07:58 AM
Thread OP
Thanks guys!

Yes very exciting to see how it will actually compare - but as usual if I think something will work I will try it and hope it is true

Older designs will work well too. The P5B category in China actually shares a lot of similarities with what F5K is proposing (some rules are quite different but the end result is quite similar) and one of the best ones we have found was actually the Blaster 2 electric... works really well even though it's heavy. Nice big lifty wing.
Feb 18, 2020, 11:10 AM
we want SALPeter back
Feb 18, 2020, 01:18 PM
F3B and F3K
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitas
we want SALPeter back
For me, the Flitz 1 one was the SALPeter 2.0

Sure, not exactly the same, but similarly nice handling and good lifty wing.

Reto
Latest blog entry: thoughts on contest flying
Feb 18, 2020, 08:52 PM
Well.... My credit card just informed me that it must have one.
Feb 18, 2020, 08:52 PM
Sorry...double post.
Last edited by mark426; Feb 21, 2020 at 01:03 PM.
Feb 19, 2020, 07:23 AM
is it Vibe wing with electro fuselage?
Feb 19, 2020, 07:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark426
Well.... My credit card just informed me that it must have a Fury
I know where you can send that credit card number...
Feb 19, 2020, 07:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitas
is it Vibe wing with electro fuselage?
No, although the Vine would have worked very well for this we found a better solution.
Feb 19, 2020, 07:26 AM
thanks, could you post more details about wing area, airfoil thickness,etc?

Quick Reply