Sep 19, 2021, 06:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabCanon_in_G
Got in the maiden early this morning.....speechless...really amazing flier. Caught a light thermal and got 10 mins motor off.....
Nice!! It works those light little puffs of lift like magic Thank you for sharing, hope you get more stick time with it soon!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2021, 06:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGO
That’s when the fun starts Thomas ! Nothing better then some wind with dynamic thermals. The Fury is an amazing plane[emoji41]
Now that the calm season is pretty much over and windy season is just starting up, I'm going to get a lot of practice in (as long as it's not raining!)
Sep 19, 2021, 06:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarhead00
Flew my first contest with my E-Fury today and did better than any contest I have flown in since 2007. Only had 6 trim flights before today but I am really comfortable with how it flys. It signals lift very well and I can core very small thermals easily.

Thanks to BigPaulie for the sweet deal.

F5K is the only way to go for us old overweight guys with bad knees and shoulders.
Bob
I'm really happy to hear that, thank you Bob!
It's wonderful to see you bond with the Fury so quickly and kick butt at the contest!
Sep 19, 2021, 08:04 PM

Fury

Just completed my second Fury. My first one was sold to a club member who saw the plane fly and said….I need it. I realized how much I missed not having the Fury in my quiver, I ordered a new one. Same Monarch color scheme, orange and yellow. Made a few changes to get the Fury close to minimum weight. Both of my Fury’s had the Emax 1606, 3300 KV. This motor is perfectly well suited for this plane. Plenty of power, probably 150 meters in 8 to 10 seconds. Probably don’t need the horsepower, but fun when you want to punch it. I used 4 KST 08 servos, and Spektrum 620 receiver. I decided to use a CC 25 amp controller since I had one. Got some of the Armsoar 2 cell, 550 Lipos….perfect for this plane. All up weight @ 285, perfect weight for plane. Decided to reduce aileron throw and rudder mix, much better. CG is 70mm. I also have a EFlitz which is also a great plane.
Sep 21, 2021, 12:15 PM
Thread OP
Thank you Jon!
Enjoy your new Fury Don't sell this one!!!
Sep 30, 2021, 12:41 AM
Hello, i just received the Fury, man this is perfection. Thanks Thomas. now i am waiting for the electronics. i want to ask, is there left/right side on the wing joiner? it is very, very tight fit i need to put little force to get the joiner in the wing. Any tips?��✌️
Sep 30, 2021, 09:02 AM
F5J rocks!
Finally got to maiden my Fury and this is one sweet flying plane, and very easy to fly.. We have a number of F5K events coming up and so I’m looking forward to seeing how it performs. Initial indications are excellent as it seems to slow down nicely in float mode, yet has excellent penetration!
Sep 30, 2021, 01:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandaraci
Hello, i just received the Fury, man this is perfection. Thanks Thomas. now i am waiting for the electronics. i want to ask, is there left/right side on the wing joiner? it is very, very tight fit i need to put little force to get the joiner in the wing. Any tips?��✌️
Glad it's found it's way to you!
No, you should be able to fit in the joiner either way.
It should be a pretty tight fit, but if you feel it's too tight, you can take off a little bit of material with a 400+ grit file. Don't take too much off though.
Sep 30, 2021, 01:30 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machineman
Finally got to maiden my Fury and this is one sweet flying plane, and very easy to fly.. We have a number of F5K events coming up and so I’m looking forward to seeing how it performs. Initial indications are excellent as it seems to slow down nicely in float mode, yet has excellent penetration!
Nice!! Can't wait to see what you do with the Fury at the events!
Sep 30, 2021, 01:47 PM
BGO
BGO
We had 3 Furys in our national F5K competition. Fons was first flying his Fury
and I was third with the Fury (and Vortex). We had a lot of fun together and planned another F5K contest next week [emoji4]
Sep 30, 2021, 02:07 PM
Thread OP
WOOHOOOO Congratulations Fons and Brian!! Well done
Oct 05, 2021, 11:12 AM
Thread OP
Congratulations Guo Lei and Hu Langxing for taking first and second in expert class F5K, and Liu Jiahong for taking first in sportman class F5K events at the China Tour with the Fury!!
Last edited by ThomasLee; Oct 05, 2021 at 11:55 AM.
Oct 08, 2021, 10:08 AM
Thread OP
With electric DLGs being incorporated into more and more regular DLG events over the past several months, we've started to get inquiries on optimizing zoom heights after the 50-meter launch cutoff. But, do we really want to do that?

Electric DLGs... To Zoom or Not To Zoom? (11 min 35 sec)
Oct 08, 2021, 04:02 PM
IMO, 50 meters is sufficient to be competitive in a mixed launch contest. It is also pretty much a given repeatable height with every launch because the electric launch removes the physical element and the possibility of varying hand launch heights.

My opinion is no zoom after cutoff. I'd rather see limiters with anti-zoom enabled. If you allow the zoom, E-DLGs will enter an arms race. I have seen some with a very high rate of climb go well past the programmed limit.

I'm all for allowing E-DLGs in hand launch contests but not to the point of tipping the balance too far.
Oct 08, 2021, 08:25 PM
Overkill is underrated
I agree with what David has said.
Last edited by elac2az; Oct 08, 2021 at 11:12 PM.

Quick Reply