Feb 16, 2020, 05:45 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

H9 P3 60cc help

I have a H9 P3 60cc that is giving me some issues. I was able to trim this issue out but I'd like to fix this. Something seems to be warped. See pics below. Suggestions??

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2020, 07:14 PM
Are you referring to the elevator halves not lining up?.

Regards
Dennis
Feb 16, 2020, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Try
Are you referring to the elevator halves not lining up?.

Regards
Dennis
Yes that's what Im referring to. If I line them up then they dont line up with the stabilizer. Also the throw isnt equal when the halves are lined up. Servo setup is exactly the same on both halves.
Feb 17, 2020, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie1980
Yes that's what Im referring to. If I line them up then they dont line up with the stabilizer. Also the throw isnt equal when the halves are lined up. Servo setup is exactly the same on both halves.
The proper way to set up 2 servo elevator system is to start with 2 identical servos installed in a mirror image using 2 separate channels. The pushrods need to be connected at the same location on the servos and elevators. Both channels should have zero trim, zero sub-trim, and 100% travel. With the servos centered and powered adjust mechanically adjust each elevator half to align with the horizontal stabilizer using a straight edge. To check the throw to ensure that it remains equal I( use two picture level bubbles to verify. Support the tail at various positions with the bubbles attached to the separate elevators and confirm that the bubbles show level at the same time when moving the elevators.

Regards
Dennis
-
Feb 17, 2020, 08:00 AM
I think Newbie's point is that when he lines the elevators up on the leading edge, the trailing edge is WAY out of alignment. If he were to line up the trailing edge, the leading edge would be off by a similar amount.

The bottom line is that the elevators (or possibly the stabilizer I suppose) need to be replaced or repaired allowing them to line up at the front AND the rear.
Feb 17, 2020, 03:48 PM
Thread OP
That's exactly what's going on. I haven't really spent a lot of time checking it over. Thought I'd get other opinions before I do. Thanks for the replies.
Feb 17, 2020, 03:56 PM
Thread OP
Dennis that's correct. That's a perfect example on how to setup dual elevators. Only difference is I use throw meters instead of levels.
Feb 17, 2020, 04:43 PM
Something that just occurred to me, is that if the hinges were installed incorrectly, as in not on the center line of each surface, you might get something like this for a result. Not hard to check anyway. Repair would be a PIA, but likely still easier than trying to get everything to line up another way.
Feb 17, 2020, 09:57 PM
Play that funky music right
I would check to make sure one or both of the STABILIZER halves is not warped. If that checks out then look at the elevators. If the stabs are warped repair is then a difficult propitiation. If just coverd in plastickote the a heat gun or iron will straiten them out.

Ken
Feb 18, 2020, 08:19 PM
Thread OP
I checked them over. It looks like the far leading edge of the left elevator is made wrong or warped. Only thing I know to do is find another stab set. Dang this sucks :-(

Quick Reply