Feb 15, 2020, 02:49 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

iFlight Nazgul5 227mm BNF/PNP

Just saw this on Banggood EU. How is it? Specifically for somebody who doesn't want to have to build one and keep soldering etc.. to a minimum?

I got the Dark Maxx back in the day and it was a giant PIA, thanks mostly to the shadiness of the company who made it, plus Gearbest - a company I will never deal with again.

So have PNP/BNF quads of this sort gotten a lot better since then?

Thanks.

https://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...l?rmmds=search

ps Is the Frsky R-XSR that much better than the XM+ receiver?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2020, 08:57 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Most reviews on the Nazgul5 have been very positive, and iFlight tends to make higher quality stuff than the average Furibee design. But can't speak from personal experience, I've never flown the Nazgul5.

As for R-XSR and XM+, the R-XSR has more features, like full telemetry, so when flying LoS, you will hear the radio say "signal low" when getting closer to the edge of the radio range. It's also a bit smaller. When looking at range, the XM+ is very similar. I've been using both receivers for years, and these never let me down. Except that some firmware versions on the R-XSR are a bit dodgy, and can cause random failsafes even close by:

First flight with the Holybro Kopis 2 6S edition, ending in a crash (2 min 21 sec)

Since I know this, every R-XSR that I buy first gets flashed to a firmware version that is 100% reliable. If you don't want to risk having to do that, the XM+ would be the best option for you.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Feb 17, 2020, 02:26 PM
Hello guys

I’ve bought this drone and have binded it all up to my qx7, but now I am not getting any input in betaflight and the bnf didnt work how can I solve this

Quick Reply