Blaster radio layout - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 29, 2005, 10:16 PM
I drive planes

Blaster radio layout

I have a few questions about the layout of equipment on my Blaster.

I have heard the reciver going both in the nose and behind the battery which is in the nose.

Which way should I go? Its and Electron 6 (no case) and a 4 cell 400mah pack in a dimond shape.

Also, I have heard for the CG, 2.75-3.25 back from the LE, what is recommended.

Thanks!

Trace
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2005, 10:38 PM

It depends...

Doesn't your need for noseweight dictate your decision? If people typically have to add noseweight for this plane, then your battery should go in the nose. Then depending on the servos you use and if they go side by side or not, you may want them next followed by the receiver. Doesn't Barry's website show the manufacturer's recommended layout. Build your wing, install your tail, tape on the control rods then do a trial fit of the radio gear in the fuse to see what works.

Hope mine shows up next week as promised

Clay
Mar 29, 2005, 11:34 PM
DrCarter
I have the same Rec. and a 720mha batt in my Blaster. Directly below the back of the canopy begins 2 jr241s one in front of the other. In front of the servos is my radio with the case on, and in front of that is the 4aaa bat pac. My CG is at exactly 3in and I have 1 penny in the nose for weight. Barry said 3in is a good place and the plane seems to be neutral there.
Mar 30, 2005, 12:11 AM
I picked up a used Blaster (orig wing). Mine has a 720ma (or larger) battery in the nose, followed by two HS-55's, end to end. Right behind the servos is a Berg5 receiver (no case). There is no extra weight for balance and CG is right near 3in to 3.1in (indicated by my crude balancer). Flys great!

Hope that helps!
Mar 30, 2005, 05:52 AM
i've found the 3" way to far forwards, the blaster tried to loop on launch. I've pushed it right back to near the 3.5" mark and the model is still positivly stable and flys much happier.

It signals the lift better than any model I have flown.

Richard
Mar 30, 2005, 07:54 AM
DrCarter
[QUOTE=charnwooduk]i've found the 3" way to far forwards, the blaster tried to loop on launch. I've pushed it right back to near the 3.5" mark and the model is still positivly stable and flys much happier.

I wonder if you measured from the front or back? Now I wonder if I did, thanks alot,hehe. I know it's about 1/2 inch. behind the spar. Mine at 3 goes straight where I point it and does not change till I tell it to. I built both the old and new wing at the same time with the same setup as above. The old wing weighs 1 oz more.
Mar 31, 2005, 01:11 AM
Trace: A pilot must consider the weight of the battery pack behind a receiver in a hard nose in (read crash) can crush the Rx. You are always better off putting the Rx behind the battery pack if possible. This will likely be the case with the blaster since we all (dlg pilots) are trying to put as much weight forward as possible in useful equipment (battery, rx, servos). If you can, you want to avoid adding lead (or pennies) in the nose. Something that only fixes CG, and makes the plane heavier is something to be avoided as much as possible.

Tony