Flite Test Master Series Development

Here is a post by RCGroups user J_Overstreet about the Flite Test Master line of planes...

Splash

Flite Test Master Series

Hi all!!

My name is John Overstreet, I wanted put a thread together, for those interested, to show the Flite Test Master series planes, past, present and future.

Quick background, I attended Flite Fest 2018 where I built my very first RC plane. I was instantly hooked. Prior to that I had been involved in an 18month metal shaping stint.

I discovered that many of the techniques used to form metal could be translated to foam board. There are a couple things I especially love about foam board. The first is there is very little cost. Experimenting with new ideas won't break the bank . The 2nd aspect is speed. There is not a plane shown that takes more than 2 days to build and paint.

I know foam board isn't for everyone, but for those that do.....Enjoy!!

BTW, Pics and vids will be in no particular order. I will post additional if there is interest. LMk if there is something you want to see or see more of.

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Feb 19, 2020 at 10:53 AM..
Feb 13, 2020, 10:37 AM
Thread OP
Also been working on something we call a BDF, similar to an EDF but it uses a low cost drone motor. BDF stands for Ben's Ducted fans after Ben harber who come up with it. BDfs are suited for very light weight airframes. what they lack in top end speed, they make up for in low end performance. Here are some pics and vids of that.

F18F w/twin BDFs...This thing is a beast😁 (12 min 5 sec)
Feb 13, 2020, 09:34 PM
I got a few fer ya!

* B-17 Master Series update?

* DC-3 Master Series update?

* Any plans for trying to make a glow-oriented model for those of us nutters who still fly glow?

* Any civilian passenger craft in the works? Lockheed Super Connie, Airbus A380, Boeing 707/727/747, DC-8/10, Learjets, et-al?

* Any Master Series biplanes/racers/interwar birds in the works?

* Classic pattern ships even? Would be super kick-arse if Flite Test had a pattern ship in the Master Series that flew and looked every bit as gorgeous as the classic balsa birds do.
Feb 13, 2020, 09:38 PM
John,

Welcome here, for sure is the start of a thread full of good information !!!

The only comment I can make for now is that.,.. we are urged for you to release your designs, specially the EDF and BDF designs (also the Trojan)

Regards

PD. As C6 Aviation just said... an airliner would be great to develop on foamboard.
Feb 13, 2020, 09:59 PM
John, what range of power plants and battery sizes do you use?
Feb 13, 2020, 10:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 Aviation
I got a few fer ya!

* B-17 Master Series update? No progress on it, I want to get as many single engine fighters as possible first and foremost. I also need to get a few twin engines done and couple other jets.

* DC-3 Master Series update?
Been working on something like this 😊

* Any plans for trying to make a glow-oriented model for those of us nutters who still fly glow?
None at this time

* Any civilian passenger craft in the works? Lockheed Super Connie, Airbus A380, Boeing 707/727/747, DC-8/10, Learjets, et-al?

Got something up my sleeve, should be done with it shortly.

* Any Master Series biplanes/racers/interwar birds in the works?

Nothing in the works pre ww2

* Classic pattern ships even? Would be super kick-arse if Flite Test had a pattern ship in the Master Series that flew and looked every bit as gorgeous as the classic balsa birds do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgepi
John,

Welcome here, for sure is the start of a thread full of good information !!!

The only comment I can make for now is that.,.. we are urged for you to release your designs, specially the EDF and BDF designs (also the Trojan)

Little more work to do on engines and it will be ready for big time 😁

Regards

PD. As C6 Aviation just said... an airliner would be great to develop on foamboard.
agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRick
John, what range of power plants and battery sizes do you use?
Prop planes all get C paks and 3000mah batteries
Feb 13, 2020, 11:21 PM
Fw-190A8
Feb 13, 2020, 11:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael763
Fw-190A8
I just might have one of those 😉
Feb 13, 2020, 11:34 PM
Great work John. Any ETA on the T-28? I can't wait to build this.

Lee
Feb 14, 2020, 12:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lleemon
Great work John. Any ETA on the T-28? I can't wait to build this.

Lee
My guess would be this spring
Feb 14, 2020, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Overstreet
I just might have one of those 😉
Any ETA?
Feb 14, 2020, 07:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael763
Any ETA?
It will likely be sometime this year, but nothing concrete
Feb 14, 2020, 08:00 AM
Hi john, this is Tim. Glad to see you on RC groups. I think this is a great way to share some info. Ill be happy to contribute where I can. Here are a few of Johns designs that I have built for you guys....Mine are highly detailed. I love em. Thanks John for all the hard work!
Last edited by cabman1969; Feb 14, 2020 at 08:44 AM.
Feb 14, 2020, 08:25 AM
My Spitfire kit arrived today, look forward to building it over the weekend
Feb 14, 2020, 08:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman1969
Hi john, this is Tim. Glad to see you on RC groups. I think this is a great way to share some info. Ill be happy to contribute where I can. Here are a few of Johns designs that I have built for you guys....Mine are highly detailed. I love em. Thanks John for all the hard work!
Awesome Tim!! Thanks for posting, nobody finishes them out better 😁😁 Can't wait to see P38!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBob
My Spitfire kit arrived today, look forward to building it over the weekend
Awesome, make sure you post when you finish, love seeing them in the wild!!

Quick Reply