Feb 13, 2020, 08:25 AM
eYeboxFPV
Thread OP
Discussion

Mig-3 Soviet Fighter 850 mm and 1105mm

I continue to make models of the great Soviet fighters VV2 for 3D printing. The first was the LA-5FN, now the turn of the Mig-3. I used the drawings for the Mig-3 1: 8 balsa model.
The photo shows the simulation sequence in the MOI3D program.
The main scale is selected 1: 12 (850mm wingspan).
To install retracts, I am developing an additional scale of 1105mm

Individual parts of the model should fit on printers with a print height of 200mm.
Last edited by victorbah; May 19, 2020 at 03:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2020, 12:58 PM
A Russian plane fleet!

I like the drawing details already Victor!
Nice too have a future 1/12 3D printed MiG-3.
I have a weakness for the V-12 nose of this Russian/Sovjet beauty.

There is one,only one framed picture in my 3D printing room,Yes, MiG-3.

Greetings:Robin
Feb 13, 2020, 02:30 PM
Great work. Looks fantastic
Feb 14, 2020, 02:07 AM
glider
nice the mig -3 a want it greets from belgum
Feb 14, 2020, 04:33 AM
eYeboxFPV
Thread OP
Iím starting to print the fuselage in order to twist in my hands and appreciate the respectability.
In the photo LA5 (1: 15) and Mig3 (1:12)
Feb 14, 2020, 04:43 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
I too like the Mig 3 .... I had the Red Square Models version .... but the RSM version has a vicious stall character and caught me out badly ... so now its in bits waiting for me to try salvage.

I'm wondering if I can graft some of the 3D parts to her ??

Feb 17, 2020, 10:26 AM
eYeboxFPV
Thread OP
need advice.
Which version of the stub for Mig3 is more correct?
In the photo I saw a lot of different options and I donít understand what makes this difference
Feb 17, 2020, 12:17 PM
Maybe this link of the MiG-3 restoration project will help? (Alexandr Tur)

Nr 1: http://svsm.org/gallery/mig3_restoration/DSC02774

Nr2: http://svsm.org/gallery/mig3_restoration1/DSC02703

Greetings:Robin
Feb 17, 2020, 02:44 PM
Hey man, that looks awesome! I always liked the proportions of the Mig-3. One of the warbirds you don't see very often in the model community.
Whats your experience with MOI3D so far? How long did it take to get as far as the pics in post #1 show?
Have you tried other software before you came to MOI 3D? I am just asking with what you can compare it.
I am very curious. Never heared of it before.
Best regards
horstrainer
Feb 17, 2020, 11:06 PM
eYeboxFPV
Thread OP
Thank you, Robin, this is exactly what you need.

As for mol3d , it is a wonderful and understandable program for engineers. It works on the weakest computers and has nothing extra. I know autocad, 3d max, cinema4d. But solid models like to do in mol3d. a Lot of lessons in YouTube, easy to learn.
Feb 18, 2020, 03:45 AM
Hello Victor.
I have left you a message on Cults3D. Have you received it?
Feb 18, 2020, 05:48 AM
eYeboxFPV
Thread OP
Thank you for your message.
I printed propellers both horizontally and vertically. I consider both options good, provided printing from PETG. There are tests of small and large sizes of propellers printed vertically. When printing vertically, a better surface of the blade is obtained.
There is a video with a vertically printed propeller 15x13
http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f36/thread4...ml#post7904472

To print the conductor, you need to withstand a slight overheating of the plastic for better sintering of the layers. And of course, this can be dangerous for low-quality printing.
Feb 18, 2020, 07:04 AM
OK. So you should put a disclaimer and a warning. As vertically printed propellers are much more dangerous for a non experienced user that will buy your files.
Feb 24, 2020, 07:21 AM
I think anyone printing their own propellers would understand the risk of it failing compared to a nylon one. I don't think a disclaimer is needed.

Victorbah will yo in continue with more Russian aircraft? Maybe a yak3 or 9?
Feb 24, 2020, 10:17 AM
eYeboxFPV
Thread OP
If someone will buy my files, I will continue. I am happy to spend my time on modeling, but I need to buy a lot of plastic for printing. Each plane will be printed 4-5 times before the files are completely error free.

I keep doing MIG3,
A wing will be printed tonight. The rest is ready. The servos should be located as close to the nose as possible so long thrusts to the elevator and rudder are needed, maybe I will use two threads? What do you think?

Quick Reply