Feb 14, 2020, 10:06 AM
Ethan RC
This looks like a nice model to go along with my other UMX timber. Though I would be happier with a UMX Timber X, this will do. Upgraded motor, 3 bladed prop, and different nose job. I like the really good price point of this plane too. $139.99 isn't that bad at all.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2020, 10:22 AM
same here, I have 2... they don't get a lot of flight time but when I do fly em its a blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdansalvish
Huffdaddy,

I still have my Polecat. Need to break it out an fly it again sometime.
yep, that little 1S Pole Cat scoots around pretty good but a 2S version, ooooh yeah! and a UMX Air Tractor, heck to the yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepflyr
Still flying my Lil Polecat...and agree that it would be a sweet 2S BL UMX addition!

AND...I'm hoping Jason brings out a UMX Air Tractor to complement the park flyer he just released!

This Lil Turbo Timby will also end up in my hangar before long. I LOVE the UMX Timber, and the upgrades make this one very attractive!

TM
I too was hoping for a UMX Timber X

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanRC
This looks like a nice model to go along with my other UMX timber. Though I would be happier with a UMX Timber X, this will do. Upgraded motor, 3 bladed prop, and different nose job. I like the really good price point of this plane too. $139.99 isn't that bad at all.
Feb 14, 2020, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
and a UMX Air Tractor, heck to the yes!!

Oh yeah!!!
Feb 14, 2020, 10:56 AM
34 years of flight.
I thought I was alone in the fight, but after you guys comments here and the ones on FB i am wondering why they skipped over doing a UMX Timber x. All we need is a shorter wing and fatter. Seems easy enough for them.
I am guessing the Elevator and rudder are larger on this Umx turbo timber from the old umx timber can anyone confirm that?
Having onboard voltage is a HUGE + for me as ive slowly been switching over my planes to the telemetry rx's I hope from this point on they will only install those in all planes released.
Feb 14, 2020, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
I thought I was alone in the fight, but after you guys comments here and the ones on FB i am wondering why they skipped over doing a UMX Timber x. All we need is a shorter wing and fatter. Seems easy enough for them.
I am guessing the Elevator and rudder are larger on this Umx turbo timber from the old umx timber can anyone confirm that?
Having onboard voltage is a HUGE + for me as ive slowly been switching over my planes to the telemetry rx's I hope from this point on they will only install those in all planes released.
I think there is a post by Jason in the first of this thread already stating flight controls are the same as the Timber.
Feb 14, 2020, 12:30 PM
Thread OP
Yes, all of the control surfaces on the UMX Turbo Timber are the same size as the control surfaces on the UMX Timber (just like they are on the Turbo Timber 1.5m and the Timber 1.5m).

And although it seems easy, simply scaling down the Timber X is definitely not so easy. Even when we scaled the Timber/Turbo Timber down to UMX size we had to tweak quite a few things (many of which go unnoticed, but there are a lot more differences in various proportions, shapes, etc. than most realize).
Feb 14, 2020, 12:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision...
Curious about the flight times too
If you fly it the same way you fly the original UMX Timber with the same batteries, about the same. BUT, if you use a lot more (full) throttle in particular, flight times will definitely be shorter...and because it has so much power now it's hard to not use it almost all the time
Feb 14, 2020, 12:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by red b
Jason in your post no 8
includes the latest chip set to deliver real-time overall battery voltage telemetry to compatible Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters

will that be receiver voltage or actual power pack voltage?

thanks.
nice looking plane
It's the total flight battery voltage, but it does show on both the receiver voltage and the overall battery voltage readouts!
Feb 14, 2020, 12:37 PM
Thread OP
For those who may be interested, we'll be going live on the Horizon Hobby Face_book page (http://bit.ly/HorizonHobbyFBPage) to discuss the UMX Turbo Timber around 2:00 PM EST (11:00 AM PST / 1:00 PM CST) today! Bring your questions and comments...we want to hear and discuss them!!
Feb 14, 2020, 12:52 PM

Actually I'm more interested in the Rx

I wonder if you can access as3x settings using USB dongle like on the old receivers? Love the new telemetry.

I've been watching with interest the development of the new Lemon micro Rx with built in servos and telemetry but this Rx will probably keep me in the Spektrum camp.

It would be nice to see full specs such as ESC and BEC amps etc and if telemetry range is better.

Jim
Feb 14, 2020, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
I agree!! If you look at Horizons top selling planes, the Timber X is right up there as one of the best sellers, so I would think it's a no brainer to make a UMX version (I'm sure it's not super easy to do so I'm not trying to complain here). 3D flight and more aggressive flying has really taken off over the last few years, a UMX Timber X would be perfect for that.....or with standard ailerons it could fly scale as well!

Unfortunately in the 3D world, like Extreme Flight, PA, etc., I feel like Horizon doesn't really have many options. Either way, I absolutely love my full scale version Timber X. With it being a high wing, it does take time to master but once you do, it's an amazing plane and I think very under rated.
Feb 14, 2020, 03:40 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
what size are those 3S's?
I see Roger has em in 2 flavors... 180mAh & 240mAh

aaaah, I just saw it... they were 180mAh... would a 240 be too heavy?

Not at all! The 180's were all of the way forward, so 240's in the middle of the battery bay would be just fine in theory, since I only have the 180's.

Quote:
the UM Pole Cat comes to mind... that would be a great little aerobatic airframe to re-release in a 2S BL setup
I still have one with only a couple of flights shoved back into a corner somewhere. After you pointed out the nose comparison, I have to agree that you're dead on man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanRC
Well said Ethan! Jason did say that the UMX Timber X doesn't scale down quite as easily, so that one might be a while, if ever. Fingers crossed that they can get it worked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
It's the total flight battery voltage, but it does show on both the receiver voltage and the overall battery voltage readouts!
Does this apply to the DX6 as well? I believe mine is G2 or G3. I haven't updated any of the firmware as I subscribe to the if it's not broke, don't fix it approach to things, but I am tempted if an update will get me that telemetry on this model. Btw, does that get us the same voltage reading on the BNF Su-30 too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
For those who may be interested, we'll be going live on the Horizon Hobby Face_book page (http://bit.ly/HorizonHobbyFBPage) to discuss the UMX Turbo Timber around 2:00 PM EST (11:00 AM PST / 1:00 PM CST) today! Bring your questions and comments...we want to hear and discuss them!!
I was able to catch this from about 11:14AM PST on thanks to this post. I am even more excited to get my hands on this little guy now.
Feb 14, 2020, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepflyr

... AND...I'm hoping Jason brings out a UMX Air Tractor to complement the park flyer he just released! ...
That would be a "must buy" for me.
Feb 14, 2020, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
That would be a "must buy" for me.
I'd need to figure out a way to turn it into a skeeter sprayer for around here in summer and make it really useful.
Feb 15, 2020, 02:50 AM

telemetry

Jason,

is there any documentation for telemetry set up using Spektrum DX6 and up radios for this umx turbo timber receiver?

Quick Reply