Feb 13, 2020, 10:32 AM
Lifetime Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
Being a mostly 3D guy i never found the umx timber to be enough power. i flew one and after that I was glad i never picked one up. I always like more power. This one should be fun..
Jason or anyone at horizon Hobby can you tell us if the color scheme is painted on or stickers? My umx ultrix i was going to rip off the bottom stickers and they seem to be paint and not stickers.
Can't wait, I have plenty of nano tech 300mah packs ready for this plane.. guess my other umx planes (Beast,habu,f27 wont get flown much after all)
Same wing as the original UMX Timber which has stickers.
New decal sheet is available here:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/decal-s...ber-p-eflu6958

and oringinal one here:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/decal-s...ber-p-eflu3957
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2020, 11:20 AM
I review RC Products
My pre-order was just placed. It will be fun to compare the original UMX Timber to this one.

GB
Feb 13, 2020, 11:29 AM
E-flite UMX Turbo Timber, Double Trouble (12 min 55 sec)
Feb 13, 2020, 11:53 AM
Thread OP
Second post updated with MANY more videos:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...67&postcount=2
Feb 13, 2020, 12:03 PM
Lifetime Member
Fantastic updates to one of the best UMX planes! It is great to see new UMX announcements, keep up the great work Horizon Hobby!
Feb 13, 2020, 12:14 PM
Subscribed
Feb 13, 2020, 12:32 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Gee, wish the videos showed what it will really do. The original one would do what those folks were doing.. Guess like always have to wait to get mine to see what it will really do.
Feb 13, 2020, 12:40 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Oh, yeah!!!

Jason - now I know why you replied as you did a few days ago, when I suggested a UMX Turbo Tim!!

Just needs an optional set of flotation skis & a flying site heater for those of us who live up here!!

Joel
Last edited by turboparker; Feb 13, 2020 at 12:48 PM.
Feb 13, 2020, 12:44 PM
Great to see more UMXs coming on to the market, I was worried HH had given up on them.
Feb 13, 2020, 12:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
Gee, wish the videos showed what it will really do. The original one would do what those folks were doing.. Guess like always have to wait to get mine to see what it will really do.
Hoping to shoot a Flight Talk video as weather permits in the next few weeks showing it hover on the deck, harrier, blender, etc. (things the original one wouldn't do)...plus knife edge, wicked snaps, etc. (some/most of which the original could also do but most people don't know/realize it can). The current video shows a little bit of hovering and some vertical climb outs, but it doesn't show everything the UMX Turbo Timber can do that the original couldn't!
Feb 13, 2020, 12:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 2
Great to see more UMXs coming on to the market, I was worried HH had given up on them.
This plus the UMX Ultrix last month...and there are more to come!
Feb 13, 2020, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
Hoping to shoot a Flight Talk video as weather permits in the next few weeks showing it hover on the deck, harrier, blender, etc. (things the original one wouldn't do)...plus knife edge, wicked snaps, etc. (some/most of which the original could also do but most people don't know/realize it can). The current video shows a little bit of hovering and some vertical climb outs, but it doesn't show everything the UMX Turbo Timber can do that the original couldn't!
I really like it when the Scale only flyers have Panic attacks when these planes can do some 3d .hahahahahh
Feb 13, 2020, 01:07 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Quote:
Jason,
Thanks for the reply, I wasn't meaning your demo video for it, that video did show what it could do and that is why i hit the Order button as soon as i seen it.
I was referring to the other guys yall picked to demo it for you, maybe its in your contract with them not to fly it wild as it can or something, its just kinda turn off when you don't see guys doing all they can do with a new plane.. if i had it i would show off what its capable of to make folks wanna buy it. Ive sure done that with the Ultrix and you guys have gotten a few sales cause of all my videos and response to the RCG thread on it.
Feb 13, 2020, 01:12 PM
Quote:
More to come?

Perhaps a UMX F-35?

Just an idea, but a jolly good one.
Feb 13, 2020, 01:14 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
I like the sound of that! I will be able to pivot away from jets a bit to review the Ultrix and this new Turbo Timber. It will help that I have flown the original vs those that received the review models 😜

Quick Reply