This thread is privately moderated by Terry B, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 12, 2020, 09:46 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Terry B

Howdy fellow fliers.. I got started as a 10 year old kid who had a neighbor who lived about 3/4 mile down the road in 1970. Every time I would hear him and his son flying control line planes, I would hop on my bike and fly down to watch the magic of balsa models fly through the air ! Carl, my mentor, could do the whole stunt pattern at that time and was a world class builder who did hand rubbed dope and automotive finishes that were beyond description.. Welllll, I couldn't stand it,, I had to have one so the mowing service began ! along with washing cars and painting houses.. Its been a great hobby for 50 years now.. not sure if I like flying or building more but I enjoy both ! thanks for reading..
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2020, 03:46 PM
rip
Awesome story!
I got hooked when I was perhaps in the 1st grade. Went to a festival and saw people flying free flight gliders, and RC Models.
Feb 16, 2020, 06:00 PM
Modeler from 60's, 70's, 80's
Another life timer here. Been making a come-back as of late. Put it aside for 30 years. Very old school here and perfectly okay with that. The flying is fun, but the modeling is in my blood

Quick Reply