This thread is privately moderated by ir3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 12, 2020, 01:08 PM
ir3
Trader Rating: 28
ir3
Thread OP
$795.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

MountFleet St. Nectan

I am selling the St. Nectan kit. It was purchased in 2016 and unpacked to check contents. It is too big for the shop, for display, and transport to the local pond. The hull has a flaw in the keel. It is straight but sags about 1/8' to 1/4" in the middle. This is a direct quote from Mountfleet that I received via email:

"Hi
They all have the same problem, our workshop boat also has one and as ours is sat on the shelf you can see it. I think it was obviously in the original plug.
it would probably be something that would be difficult to change Thanks Mountfleet models"

Otherwise the hull is perfectly straight.

If anyone is going to consider this kit, the pictures show what you will get. At $795 plus shipping, if this is a model you wish to build, it won't get better. Shipping is about $120 to the North East Coast from 91307. The box is 71 x 14 x 12 and weighs 32 lbs. I will be running this ad for about a week and if it does not sell I will be donating it to my local Ship Modelers Guild for their annual sale.

I will consider trades but nothing as massive as this model. I am mainly interested in Steam Boats and Submarines perhaps Model Shipways kits or similar quality but no Chinese subs and WTC's.

Thanks for looking.

I DECIDED JUST TO PUT THIS KIT BACK ON THE SHELF. THANKS FOR THE PM'S
Last edited by ir3; Feb 12, 2020 at 07:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply