Feb 09, 2020, 10:59 PM
Where's Pamela?
Thread OP
Discussion

Dwight Brooks

Dwight Brooks was a well known model constructor in the 90's, mostly on the strength of his huge scale ship models. He passed too young, and now his entire collection is in the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum collection:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...emorial-Thread

Many of his scale models were documented in "Scale Ship Modeler" magazine, but he also had a collection of IC race boats. We're wondering:

1. Did any of his gas models get coverage in the RC race boat mags?
2. Anyone around here remember Dwight and his boats?

The curator at the museum is looking to fill in some blanks about Dwight's collection... some of which is shown below.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2020, 01:19 PM
I remember some of Dwight's builds and drooled every time. I do not recall any write ups about his racing boats though. That said, my focus has been more on scale and bubble boats. it is nice to see much of his collection held in one place. I recall his PT, is it part of the collection?
Feb 10, 2020, 07:30 PM
Where's Pamela?
Thread OP
The collection includes two PTs, including the big 1:10 scale "RADIN MAIDEN":
https://matthewsmodelmarine.wordpres...den-the-pt168/
Feb 16, 2020, 09:45 AM
That is the one I remember. When that issue came out, the cover was wet with drool before I could get it home! great to know that it/they are included in the collection.

Quick Reply