Feb 09, 2020, 04:39 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Looking at a synergy N5

I wanted to see if any one here may know anything about a Synergy N5. Im looking at one for 500.00. Not sure if its a decent deal or not. Any info would be great.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2020, 12:45 AM
With all the electronics too? if so,"Hell Yeah" thats a great deal!
The only thing in question is...how many gallons of fuel through the nitro engine? You'll need to check the condition of the engine compression,that'll give you some sort of indication of the condition of the engine. You can do it,by simply getting a starter shaft that fits the starter coupler and turning "Counter Clockwise",if you feel a lot of resistance,than most likely the engine still has a lot of life left,before another engine rebuild.
But either way,if hardly no compression a rebuild kit usually consists of a set of bearings (top and bottom) and a new piston ring,pretty cheap,and that would still be worth 500.00 dollars you would spend to buy the heli.
Oh and one last thing,the condition of the engine bearings.The only way to find out is to start the engine and listen to a rattling sound from the engine idling and in flight if you hear the rattling and ignore the bearings ,it will only get louder with each consecutive flights until it finally breaks apart inside your engine along with other parts it will destroy (head,piston,piston liner and possibly the crank case).Again,the rebuild parts are pretty cheap.I have a buddy who has one,who let me fly it.I fly smack 3D and it was absolutely a great heli to fly!!!
Parts can be on the expensive side though,just so you know...

P.s.
I just now happen to see the OS pipe that compliments that OS 55 engine too!!!

ah hell,if you don't buy it do you mind giving me the info of where that heli is,i'll buy it!

Enjoy!
Last edited by Suckerpunch; Feb 11, 2020 at 02:02 AM.
Feb 13, 2020, 10:09 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info. Going to buy it.
Feb 14, 2020, 10:38 PM

Enjoy!

Quick Reply