Feb 08, 2020, 02:11 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Problem with servos dymond d47

Hi,

I have 4x servos dymond D47 installed in dlg. After connecting the power supply to the telemetry receiver (1s lipo) after some time the servos start to growl and the centers shift. This takes approx. 2 minutes, then the servos calm down and return to the correct position. This is repeated. Do you know what it could take and how to fix this problem?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2020, 02:19 PM
FIN-5414
Which RC system do you use?
Feb 09, 2020, 09:20 AM
Thread OP
I use FrSky. Tx Taranis X9 Lite S and RX G-RX6. Now, I have in RX last version ACCESS firmware.

Is it posible turn off telemetry in ACCESS? I know, that is it posible in ACCST during binding.
Feb 09, 2020, 10:41 AM
Dymond D47 are analog servos looking for a analog pulse. Is your receiver outputting the cycle/frequency for analog or digital? I don't use your
system but I think I read somewhere the default for that receiver is 9ms, try going to a higher number.

Also, it could be your battery is not up to the task. I tend to prefer using 2s on the Dymond servos. Frankly, and others will swear on their
grandmothers grave I am wrong, but I have found that any HV servos run better at the higher voltage. If your receiver will handle the voltage
then put a 2s on the setup and see how the servos behave.

edit:: more data

Chatter
Last edited by Lufo; Feb 09, 2020 at 10:58 AM.
Feb 11, 2020, 02:23 PM
I' ve got a plane to catch...
The modern FrSky receivers don't work on analog servo's, my friend (2s) and me (on 1s) had the same problem..
Feb 13, 2020, 01:21 PM
FIN-5414
Feb 13, 2020, 05:32 PM
What you looking' at fool!
I have been using D47s on a FrSky D4R-II for six years. No problems.

I use a range of analogue servos in planes ranging from a 20 year old foamie (GWS) to a bungee launched Pulsar using D and X series receivers.

Lufo is correct that you need to ensure that the Rx is running the standard 18ms frame rate.

I can't tell you who to credit for this, but:

"If as I suspect you don't have access to a scope, use a multimeter to measure the voltage on a servo connector between minus and signal pins.
Set the corresponding channel to neutral (1.5 ms)
You should read about 0.3V if the frame rate is 18 ms and about 0.6V if the rate is 9 ms.
Bind the receiver in both modes (with and without jumper between ch5 and ch6 signal pins) to check that it switches between the two."

Cheers from Oz
Feb 14, 2020, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlidingFool
I have been using D47s on a FrSky D4R-II for six years. No problems.

I use a range of analogue servos in planes ranging from a 20 year old foamie (GWS) to a bungee launched Pulsar using D and X series receivers.

Lufo is correct that you need to ensure that the Rx is running the standard 18ms frame rate.

I can't tell you who to credit for this, but:

"If as I suspect you don't have access to a scope, use a multimeter to measure the voltage on a servo connector between minus and signal pins.
Set the corresponding channel to neutral (1.5 ms)
You should read about 0.3V if the frame rate is 18 ms and about 0.6V if the rate is 9 ms.
Bind the receiver in both modes (with and without jumper between ch5 and ch6 signal pins) to check that it switches between the two."

Cheers from Oz
Thanks Glidingfool
I also have a new to me, a CX2 that have chattering/twitching D47 servos also.
Set up is a DX9 TX and a AR 6260 RX . Servos are regulated to 5V.
Where can I find more information on checking on checking Frame rates of servo?

Wayne
Feb 14, 2020, 02:21 PM
solastagia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbud
Thanks Glidingfool
I also have a new to me, a CX2 that have chattering/twitching D47 servos also.
Set up is a DX9 TX and a AR 6260 RX . Servos are regulated to 5V.
Where can I find more information on checking on checking Frame rates of servo?

Wayne
Have you tried running it off a battery, of an appropriate voltage of course, without the regulator? A lot of regulators put noise onto the power leads, which some Rx and/or servos don't like.

If your Rx instructions don't tell you how to change the servo frame rate, then it is likely to be a lower rate and there will be no way to change it anyway.

Kevin
Feb 14, 2020, 06:47 PM
Thanks Kevin
Feb 14, 2020, 07:08 PM
Not sure about the receiver side but on the DX9 you can change the frame rate between 11ms (digital) and 22ms (analog).

Go to System Setup and select Frame Rate. Then select which you want.

However, if your receiver will only support 22ms analog it will not bind at the 11ms digital frame rate. It will bind at the 22ms frame rate. This is
indicated after the bind is complete and is displayed on the binding screen.
Feb 15, 2020, 11:11 AM
Depends which Spektrum rx you have. The first lot of T rx’s like the 6270T etc have a bug so they only bind in 11ms mode, no matter what the tx says. You gotta buy the cable to update them if you don’t already have it.

But I was a long time Spekky user and I’ve used both sd100 and 150 (d47/60) on both 1 and 2s and also in both 11ms and 22ms and I never had any issues.

Although once I had a SD100 smoke when I plugged in my 2s flight pack even though I was 99% sure the polarity was correct. The other SD100 and the 2 kst 08 in the model were not effected.

Quick Reply