DX6R Gets Smart Technology!

Some cool news for DX6R owners. An open beta Raceware update is now available for Smart Technology Telemetry!

Splash

Update your DX6R with Smart Tech!

Some cool news for DX6R owners. An open beta Raceware update is now available for Smart Technology Telemetry! Simply go to the DX6R Raceware app on the Google Play store, scroll down to "Join the Beta", Tap join and you will have access to the latest in Spektrum Smart Technology! Enjoy! V2.03.12 is out with the following changes.

New Features:

• Supports all SMART Telemetry functions
  • Added support for SR215, SR315, SR515 and SR6100AT receivers
  • Drive log information that displays RF link performance is now available

Improvements:

• When switching models, it’s no longer necessary to rebinding every time a DSM2
  • model is selected.
  • Creating, deleting, and then adding a mix is now functioning correctly
  • The temperature and battery voltage gauges now more accurately display (nonSMART)
  • Telemetry Alert Type “Voice” now functions consistently
  • MIN/ MAX telemetry screens accurately display the data
  • Once an alert is enabled, it can now be disable using enable/disable switch
  • MPH Alerts are now triggered at the users preprogrammed value

Check out the Change Log Here

Feb 12, 2020, 08:58 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Just glancing over the list of "improvements" has me literally laughing out loud... pretty much everything listed is fixing all the bugs that should've been corrected before they sold the product in the first place... facepalm

Spektrum lost me as a customer several years ago after I bought DSM which was junk, then I bought DSM2 because they claimed to have fixed it... nope still junk, then I bought DSMR with more false claims to have fixed their effed up protocol... while I do agree that each protocol made slight improvements, I just don't understand why they can't do what all the other big dogs are doing with more reliable protocols? Now I see nothing has changed as they continue to make claim after claim of fixing their faulty designs... oh the irony of calling this "SMART Technology"... shrug

Not saying that Spektrum can't win me back as a customer, but not really seeing anything here that is worth the risk to me just yet... with GraupnerUSA closing, I am on the hunt for a suitable system to replace my X-8E, no idea who it will be and yes I am considering Spektrum, but they just aren't very high on my list of contenders right now
Last edited by bill_delong; Feb 12, 2020 at 09:18 AM.
Feb 12, 2020, 09:24 AM
Just get any of those listed here - https://www.amainhobbies.com/transmi...|50|2063&lg=fb
Feb 12, 2020, 09:36 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Ball
Just get any of those listed here - https://www.amainhobbies.com/transmi...|50|2063&lg=fb
I agree those are some really nice suggestions, perhaps I'm in the "Goldilocks Syndrome" where I have already found the perfect system (for me) but feel pressured to replace it just to ensure that I have proper support, where Spektrum shines when it comes to product support, but my confidence in their quality just isn't there yet as already demonstrated in the OP. I'm not ready to drop $600 on a comparable system either
Feb 13, 2020, 07:57 PM
I had not the best experience from using their air transmitters long time ago (RTF tx and DX8); hopefully, they improved the QC.

Quick Reply