DIY RC Pool Skimmer

Thingiverse user TechButterfly created a DIY Pool Skimmer out of PVC, 3D printed parts and some leftover RC hobby gear.

Splash

Fun way to clean up your pool!

This was made a few years ago, but it's the first time I've seen it and thought it was worth posting. Thingiverse user TechButterfly created a DIY Pool Skimmer out of PVC, 3D printed parts and some leftover RC hobby gear. The video is a fun watch and goes through the process of creating several versions of the skimmer.

It started out like an airboat with two motors up high to provide forward thrust and differential thrust for steering. It was loud, but looked fun to drive around. He then proceeds to make a few more versions ending up with motors and props under the water for near silent running as well as adding a bumper to keep it from getting stuck. If I had a pool, I would totally make one of these. It's always great when you can turn a chore into something fun and driving this around to clean up the leaves and debris in your pool would be great fun!

Check out the DIY RC Pool Skimmer Here

DIY RC Pool Skimmer (3 min 17 sec)

Feb 14, 2020, 06:23 PM
My kids would just be throwing leaves in the pool to scoop up.. and I would encourage them to do so.

I would like to RC automate all my home chores; vacuum cleaner, lawn mower, gutter cleaning.. quad for tree trimming..
Feb 14, 2020, 07:06 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
We’re getting closer to that reality!
Feb 22, 2020, 07:36 PM
How about an RC or robotic garden weeder?

Quick Reply