Feb 07, 2020, 06:32 PM
Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaldwel
I don't use PLA, I said I printed PETG. It is a bit cooler on Vancouver Island than Florida, so I've never had any temperature issues with PETG. I have black PETG parts on my bicycle, and they have worked well through two summers now, in direct sun. But we rarely get past 30C here.

Kevin
Ah. wrong person. I should have directed that to Roydor.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2020, 03:04 AM
In F3J size does matter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
Ah. wrong person. I should have directed that to Roydor.
It gets quite hot here as well, over 30c in the summer with strong sun. In the southern part of Israel we we sometimes hold competitions it can get over 40c.
I use PLA in fuselage servo trays, wing servo mounts in F5J, ballast mounts for F5J and so on and so far no issues. The reason I use PLA is that my printer prints is much better then any other material Iíve used, I was a little worried at first but after 3 years of PLA parts in my models, Iím not worried any more.
Feb 08, 2020, 10:02 PM
Adam
Tried and tested... thanks for the info. I only print PLA too... well... just yesterday I got some Solutech flexible filament that I am experimenting with for other purposes but besides that I have always stuck with PLA too.

I started 3d printing canopies for my Solar DLG as i wanted to get a FrSky GPS receiver in it but it just wont fit with the current canopy. I just can't get myself to finish it as I really need to push the GPS antenna further back for weight reasons and just didn't like how much above the top of the fuse it will stick out... I need to get back to that as I really liked seeing the GPS trails of the DLG going up in thermals.
Feb 10, 2020, 07:08 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaldwel
I've been running the little Graupner servos on 1S for many years, they've worked great for me.

Now the only issue is remembering which of the 36 versions of arms and pulleys I actually ended up using... I think this is them. I can upload an On Shape, Rhino or Solidworks CAD file of them if you want to modify them?

I think I ended up using a 6.5mm (rudder) and a 5.5mm (elevator) pulley, and I made a left and right version of the arm so they would be aligned the same on each side (offset the splines).

Kevin
Great, thanks.
i printed one today but want to make some mods to it (longer arm and fillet on edge ) so CAD file would be nice .
fit on spline of my des 281 is perfect , goes on very well and no play , great!
Last edited by krikkens; Feb 10, 2020 at 11:24 AM.
Feb 10, 2020, 03:59 PM
solastagia
Glad the spline dimensions worked for you too, I had to play with them a bit to get the right fit from my printer.

I'll PM you links to the CAD files. Not sure what CAD package you use, hope Solidworks format is OK?

Kevin

Edit: I had tested the Graupners down to 3.5V before, and have been flying them for years on 1S with an alarm set at 3.7V. I just tested exactly how far down they would operate: below 2.9V they start to get flaky, but I'm not sure if that is the Rx or the servos.
Last edited by kcaldwel; Feb 10, 2020 at 04:14 PM.
Feb 12, 2020, 02:15 PM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
I tested Graupner's receivers about 3-4 years ago down to where the servos were failing. The RF link never did. IIRC it was about where you mention, just under 3v. I didn't do range testing at very low voltages, only brownout testing.
Feb 12, 2020, 03:00 PM
solastagia
I am using the Graupner servos with FrSky Rx. The test I did was with a G-RX6 and Graupner DES 271 servos.

I see Graupner USA and Germany are closing down, so I guess the servos won't be available any more anyway.

Kevin

Quick Reply