Feb 05, 2020, 06:33 PM
Thread OP
It can hover...but most probably won’t hover it
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2020, 06:50 PM
Turbo Otter? I hope not....too close to the Timber planes.
Last edited by rcfisherman; Feb 05, 2020 at 07:07 PM.
Feb 05, 2020, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
Please make all new models have at least the ability to hover (pilot skill notwithstanding.)
Feb 05, 2020, 06:59 PM
Capable and Easy to Fly OV10 BRONCO ...

It fits in terms of the question marks, but doesn't seem to agree with the picture.
Feb 05, 2020, 06:59 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
Well....the UMX Carbon Cub SS can hover on a decent low-sag 2s pack - but most don't hover it. The original 1.5m Timber can also crawl straight up out of a hover with nothing but a low-sag 3s pack - yet most don't fly it that way. So...that still leaves a lot of room for speculation...

Joel
Latest blog entry: RealFlight 9
Feb 05, 2020, 07:11 PM
DFS#000178
So what we know so far.

1) It is a "warbird".

2) It has optional floats and uses a "popular" float set. Apprentice floats maybe? That'd put it in the 1.5-1.6m range

3) It's not necessarily a turboprop exhaust in the photo, even though it definitely looks like one.

Give us another image!
Feb 05, 2020, 07:14 PM
Turbo Beaver?
Feb 05, 2020, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
So what we know so far.

1) It is a "warbird".

2) It has optional floats and uses a "popular" float set. Apprentice floats maybe? That'd put it in the 1.5-1.6m range

3) It's not necessarily a turboprop exhaust in the photo, even though it definitely looks like one.

Give us another image!
I could be wrong but I don't think that E Flite makes warbirds with the power to hover.
They have the "just enough" power philosophy where only STOL (and dedicated 3D) planes would justify having enough power to hover.
Feb 05, 2020, 07:20 PM
DFS#000178
I'm guessing it's some sort of turboprop STOL plane in a military livery. Probably a turbo Beaver or Otter that utilizes either the Maule, Apprentice or Timber floats.
Feb 05, 2020, 07:23 PM
Quote:
So what we know so far.

1) It is a "warbird".

Give us another image!
I found no references to it being a warbird.
Feb 05, 2020, 07:25 PM
Quote:
I'm guessing it's some sort of turboprop STOL plane in a military livery. Probably a turbo Beaver or Otter that utilizes either the Maule, Apprentice or Timber floats.
So you like MY guesses? lol
-excluding the military livery (no mention of it being a warbird)
Feb 05, 2020, 07:26 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfisherman
I found no references to it being a warbird.
Here.
Feb 05, 2020, 07:27 PM
It could be the Wiga/Draco they hinted a while back
Last edited by rcfisherman; Feb 05, 2020 at 07:40 PM.
Feb 05, 2020, 07:29 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
So what we know so far.

1) It is a "warbird".....

Given the hints so far - I haven't seen any positive indication that it's a civilian plane or a warbird/military version of a civilian plane...

Need...more...information...

Joel
Feb 05, 2020, 07:35 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfisherman
It could be the Wiga/Draco they hinted a while back
I HOPE you're right! I'd go BONKERS over a scale DRACO in UMX or 1.5 to ~2m size! However - the color's wrong, and I don't think that Mike ever put Draco on floats or skis....

Joel

Quick Reply