Jul 07, 2020, 04:16 PM
I was wondering how that Chinese LR frame would work out.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2020, 04:46 PM
I'll post some pictures.
As far as I can see inside you can turn them and try to see if you get some "better" teeth.

There are spare gear sets available for the servo.
I found them somewhere, but they did not ship to the Netherlands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompebled View Post
I'm getting a bit of play in the servo output shaft, most likely because always the same teeth are being use in that gear section, due to the small amount of throw.

Is it possible to turn the output shaft 90°, so a 'fresh' set of teeth is used?

If possible, show us some pictures of the gears in the open servo.

I'm going to mail Bluebird and ask if spare gears can be purchased, in case the play in my servo gets too bad.

Regards, Jan.
Jul 08, 2020, 02:39 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pankras View Post
I'll post some pictures.
As far as I can see inside you can turn them and try to see if you get some "better" teeth.

There are spare gear sets available for the servo.
I found them somewhere, but they did not ship to the Netherlands.
I'll give that a go.

Meanwhile I got a response from Bluebird:
"Yes, we have metal gears for BMS-210DMH.

The price is USD$6.6/pack. May I ask what quantity you require?"

I haven't mailed back yet, but I'm curious if they will ship a few sets, instead of the 'quantity', suggesting whole sale amounts...

Regards, Jan.
Jul 08, 2020, 02:44 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342 View Post
I was wondering how that Chinese LR frame would work out.
Hi Steve,

In general the carbon parts are good, a sbit sharp, but some wet sanding remedies that, bolts are on the short side, the tilt needs some TLC to be usable.
See: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-from-Banggood

It flies very good.

Regards, Jan.
Jul 08, 2020, 05:02 AM
I have a problem with them selling the frame.

David released the frame design with the following conditions.

"You are free to make, redesign, modify, remix the design for non-commercial purposes as long as you agree to share those designs with others under the same conditions (CC4.0)."
Jul 08, 2020, 07:21 AM
The only alternative is to have someone custom cut the frame for you and that cost me somewhere around $75. Yeah, they shouldn't be selling them but it doesn't look like an exact copy either.
Jul 08, 2020, 01:59 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342 View Post
The only alternative is to have someone custom cut the frame for you and that cost me somewhere around $75. Yeah, they shouldn't be selling them but it doesn't look like an exact copy either.
That's the 'problem', having access to the plan/design doesn't mean it's affordable to make just one frame.
Carbon sheet is expensive, the tools needed are expensive, so unless you manufacture a large enough number of frames you don't get your investment back.

We have two CNC routers at work, so I'd be able to use them in off hours, but the carbon sheet and the cutting tools together are already way more expensive than the kit ever was in David's shop.

I know it's a hobby and it costs money, but the health hazard of cutting carbon is nothing to be sneezed at...

The Chinese copy is smaller in size and comes with a questionable tilt mechanism.

I downloaded the files, but can't unzip/open it as there is an error preventing it, am I the only one?

As I have the Chinese version, I'd love to make one in the original size, I hope the files provide measurements, but when I can't open them...

My workaround the danger of working with carbon sheet, is to cut the parts in wood and sandwich them in glasscloth and epoxy resin, this can be made light and strong enough to work like the carbon parts.

Regards, Jan.
Last edited by pompebled; Jul 08, 2020 at 02:09 PM.
Jul 08, 2020, 02:55 PM
Myself and mutski both ordered the kits together and they were cut by this company: www.great3d.com. The Fusion 360 files that Dave provided were the only thing he needed.

We saved a bit of tooling cost by doing two together but the materials and machine time don't get any better with quantity. 2 kits, including 3d printed tail and shipping were $157 total.

Mutski ordered new top and bottom plates from the same company later on with some of the FC and camera mounting holes moved around. If you want the real kit, this is a good place in the US to have it made.

The parts were first class, smooth edges, perfect everywhere you look.
Jul 11, 2020, 11:59 AM
@mutski

I assume you're using stock inav 2.5 now?
What pin do you use for the servo signal wire? Is that M4 in iNav?
Do you use esc telemetry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski View Post
I did a bunch more tuning yesterday. I think I now have good pids for both 3S and 4S.

Modified Tricopter LR frame
Impossible Tilt tail mech
Hobbywing 3amp UBEC
Bluebird BMS-210dmh tail servo
Kakute F7 flight controller
Tekko 32 35 amp AIO ESC
Atlatl HV vtx
AXii video antenna
Runcam Split 3 Micro
R9MM receiver with ACCST
Matek M8Q-5883 GPS
HQ 7x3.5x3 props
Emax RSII-2207 1600kv motors
G-Force 3S 5000mah lipo, OR
G-Force 4S 2600 mah lipo

AUW = 788 gms 3S or 674 gms 4S
Jul 11, 2020, 12:29 PM
I know he's running inav 2.5 and I think these are his settings

resource Motor 5 NONE
resource Servo 1 C09

If you are using a different board your motor 5 resource could be different than C09 so you'll have to confirm.
Jul 11, 2020, 05:21 PM
I've got a branch for inav 2.5.1 with tf 0.5. It's located at:

https://github.com/jihlein/inav/tree/2p5p1tf0p5

I've had absolutely zero time to test his, about all I can tell you is it will build for both the KakuteF4V2 and the MaktekF405 targets, and that it runs on the Matek405Ctr board. So if your adventurous and need some of the 2.5.1 features, the merged files are there.
Jul 12, 2020, 08:12 AM
Thanx! I will see if I can compile it and then test that one.
I'm very adventurous

Since my lr is stripped to replace some parts.. I also want to try the new filters in inav and get esc telemetry hooked up.
I don't want to modify the new servo (yet) with a feedbackwire.. so will probably first try it without feedback and/or triflight disabled.
When I can find a gearset for the other servo I might replace it again with the one with a feedback wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein View Post

I've had absolutely zero time to test his, about all I can tell you is it will build for both the KakuteF4V2 and the MaktekF405 targets, and that it runs on the Matek405Ctr board. So if your adventurous and need some of the 2.5.1 features, the merged files are there.
Jul 12, 2020, 12:00 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pankras View Post
When I can find a gearset for the other servo I might replace it again with the one with a feedback wire.
Hi Peter,

I just ordered two sets of gears for the 210 servo directly from Bluebird ($20,29 including shipping).
If you want a set, you can contact the sales department:
assistant@blue-bird-model.com

Regards, Jan.
Jul 15, 2020, 01:39 AM
Hi Jan,

Thanx I will send them a message.

I made pictures for you from the gears.
But when I look at the gears there is no way to simply rotate a gear 90 or 180 degrees so it does not use the damaged teeth.
because it are all reduction gears.. all gears make way more then one full rotation for 1 degree of rotation of the main shaft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompebled View Post
Hi Peter,

I just ordered two sets of gears for the 210 servo directly from Bluebird ($20,29 including shipping).
If you want a set, you can contact the sales department:
assistant@blue-bird-model.com

Regards, Jan.
Jul 15, 2020, 01:40 AM
Do you have a compiled version somewhere for the kakuteF4V2?
I'm having problems compiling with cygwin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein View Post

Quick Reply