Joe Nall Week 2020

Where

When

May 08-16, 2020

Register

Click here to register!

The Flyer

Learn More

Head over to the Triple Tree site for more info.

RCGroups & FlyingGiants Joe Nall 2015 (11 min 45 sec)

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Mar 02, 2020 at 03:57 PM..
Old Mar 05, 2020, 05:36 AM
anil21
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement.
Mar 05, 2020, 02:14 PM
Would the whole corona virus effect the event?
Mar 05, 2020, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel 6 RC
Would the whole corona virus effect the event?
No more than the Flu would affect the event
Mar 12, 2020, 01:46 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
No more than the Flu would affect the event
But you know darn well the CV makes headlines over the flu. I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled if we continue down this road.
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Mar 30, 2020 at 08:55 AM.
Mar 12, 2020, 02:35 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
It could be in jeopardy if the governor puts a halt on gatherings of over 500 like in New York. If that happens, there’s still the Fall Nall. I went both years and it was a great event too.
Mar 12, 2020, 02:50 PM
If people were being rational....yeah, no worries. As it is, everyone is unnecessarily freaked out over this.

Swine flu infected nearly 60M Americans, with over 260k hospitalizations, and over 12k deaths in 2009. I'm not saying the way the US reacted to swine flu was right or better, but c'mon people, settle down.

My hope is everything settles down as warmer temps rise and the media finds something else to freak out about.
Mar 12, 2020, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
If people were being rational....yeah, no worries. As it is, everyone is unnecessarily freaked out over this.

Swine flu infected nearly 60M Americans, with over 260k hospitalizations, and over 12k deaths in 2009. I'm not saying the way the US reacted to swine flu was right or better, but c'mon people, settle down.

My hope is everything settles down as warmer temps rise and the media finds something else to freak out about.
The fatality rate for swine flu/H1N1 in 2009 was 0.01-0/08% of the population.
The fatality for perennial flu - for which there is typically a moderately effective vaccine - is around 0.1%

Neither of these swamp medical capacities - hospital beds, ventilators, healthy medical staff, etc. Please note that a lot of hospital beds/ventilators over the winter in the northern hemisphere are already taken up by people perennial flu.

We don't yet know the fatality rate for coronavirus...… some current estimates are between 2 and 3.4% and these may be high because I think they are not based on test proven inflections; many people get very mild symptoms and were never tested. But even a fatality rate of 1% is a lot of people and if they all come in surge would swap medical capacity.

That's why mitigation by way of social distancing - "Shut it down" is one twit currently circulating among crisis gurus- is now happening to slow down the spread of the virus and flatten the curve of infections so medical capacities can surge more and deal with, perhaps the same number of people, but over a longer time period.

Michael in Ontario, Canada
Last edited by 2michaely; Mar 14, 2020 at 06:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Mar 12, 2020, 05:21 PM
Fly "" BIG ""
Is Joe Nall cancel, do to the state of emergency in South Carolina ????
Mar 12, 2020, 06:04 PM
Thread OP
I spoke with Robb yesterday. Here is the official word from them...
March 12, 2020

Triple Tree has been monitoring the current state of events with the COVID-19 virus, and as of now, all events at Triple Tree are on as scheduled. Triple Tree Aerodrome is committed to our core values of Fun, Fellowship, and Hospitality and we are also keenly aware of the need to provide safe events for our guests.

Triple Tree is in communication with key agencies to keep updated on current information and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for large events. We are reminding our guests as a courtesy to their fellow pilots, to please be diligent in following the recommended health and safety precautions to prevent the spread of any airborne virus. Triple Tree is also recommending not to shake hands, and to avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. If you are not feeling well, have an uncontrolled cough, have flu or cold-like symptoms, or are running a temperature, please visit us at a later date.

We do not wish to alarm anyone; however, we are looking to ensure that everyone can enjoy Triple Tree as safely as possible. We will continue to update as information becomes available.

Regards,

Robb Williams
Executive Director
Mar 13, 2020, 09:24 PM
Also by then if you follow the trend in China as well as the warmer weather, I would expect that the new and existing cases will be dropping significantly.
Mar 14, 2020, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2michaely
The fatality rate for swine flu/H1N1 in 2009 was 0.01-0/08% of the population.
The fatality for perennial flu - for which there is typically a moderately effective vaccine - is around 0.1%

Neither of these swamp medical capacities - hospital beds, ventilators, healthy medical staff, etc. Please note that a lot of hospital beds/ventilators over the winter in the northern hemisphere are already taken up by people perennial flu.

We don't yet know the fatality rate for coronavirus...… some current estimates are between 2 and 3.4% and these may be high because I think they are not based on test proven inflections; many people get very mild symptoms and were never tested. But even a fatality rate of 1% is a lot of people and if they all come in surge would swap medical capacity.

That's why mitigation by way of social distancing - "Shut it down" is one twit currently circulating among crisis gurus- is now happening to slow down the spread of the virus and flatten the curve of infections so medical capacities can surge more and deal with, perhaps the same number of people, but over a longer time period.

Michael in Ontario, Canada
Micheal I think you are right about the number being reported

considering we do not have a actual number of those who have had this virus its mere speculation on the fatality rate

many people go unreported or have minimal effects and recover without even knowing they were sick

given these facts a more accurate estimate the fatality rate is in the 1% or less which is in line with the common flu
Mar 15, 2020, 02:29 AM
And we hope that the reported cases will not increase
Mar 15, 2020, 03:19 AM
AMA 1242
Does any one know some one who has this C/V ? Or only what you hear, who has it? Just asking.
Mar 15, 2020, 09:14 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
Does any one know some one who has this C/V ? Or only what you hear, who has it? Just asking.
There are clusters of cases around Boston. Part of the problem is the lack of testing to confirm cases
Latest blog entry: Release of our 40" EPP Yak55 XL

Quick Reply