Feb 05, 2020, 06:17 AM
Trader Rating: 30
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
Thread OP
Discussion

How Long to Wait Before Filing PayPal Complaint?

I’m not sure if I have a problem.

How long should a person wait before filing a complaint with PayPal for a seller failing to ship an item? No, it was not paid for using F&F. The scenario is receiving emails that the item will be shipped the next day, followed by a delay, then no further communication for a week and no site activity for a week.

We’re only talking about $50 here, so it doesn’t seem an amount worthy of a scam. There might be a good reason for the silence; personal or family emergency or whatever, but there have been two unanswered emails in the past week.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2020, 07:01 AM
Trader Rating: 25
I am sorry but family emergency or not, unless you are a dinosaur and still using a flip phone.... a person has no reason to say they are not seeing your emails. I would file it's been more than enough time. I had a buyer threaten me with a complaint when his package was said to be lost by the post office on his end, and while I was doing my part on filing a missing package report he demanded for a refund and like 2 days later threatened me with filling a report with paypal, and the amount was only $75. So your story has merit to file it's been way past the "shipping" time frame. I send out buyers item within 24hrs of payment. My moto is "once you pay me the item is no longer mine"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Feb 05, 2020, 07:09 AM
Trader Rating: 109
What, Me Worry?
Quote:
"once you pay me the item is no longer mine"
Technically, it is not the buyer's item until the buyer receives it. Seller is responsible all the way through shipping until delivery. So if the buyer never receives it, you owe him a refund and it is on you to fight with the carrier.
Feb 05, 2020, 07:14 AM
I get that, what I meant by the moto is once you pay me I dont have the right to hang on to the item. That's why I ship within 24hrs so YOU the buyer can get your stuff as quickly as possible. Does that make sense...?

Feb 05, 2020, 07:21 AM
Trader Rating: 109
What, Me Worry?
Yes, absolutely, that makes sense. And I agree that the original poster has waited long enough to take action. Hey...the phone my employer has me use is a flip phone!! It's cheap and gets the job done, but no, my personal telephone is NOT a flip phone!
Feb 05, 2020, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbu1
Yes, absolutely, that makes sense. And I agree that the original poster has waited long enough to take action. Hey...the phone my employer has me use is a flip phone!! It's cheap and gets the job done, but no, my personal telephone is NOT a flip phone!
Lmao! Yeah my work phone is a flip as well and I work for the military....smdh!

Feb 05, 2020, 05:08 PM
Trader Rating: 147
Bellanca Kruesair
7 days.

and that thing with "sent from my blah blah blah" -Is that an automatic response, or you just bragging ?
Feb 06, 2020, 05:27 AM
Thread OP

Contacted PayPal

I contacted PayPal and they confirmed I have Buyer’s protection.

I explained the situation and they are going to contact the seller.

I still hope I receive the items rather than a refund. The seller has excellent feedback. Perhaps there is a logical reason for all of this; that is why I’m not giving out more information at this time. I’m still hoping for a good outcome.
Feb 06, 2020, 08:45 AM
Trader Rating: 95
Mt. Dora, Florida
Either way, you should get some kind of recourse shortly. My moto is, when in doubt, file a claim with Paypal, if nothing else it will get the seller off there duff and moving or at least put them on notice.
Feb 08, 2020, 06:13 AM
Thread OP
No contact with seller in last 9 days.

Escalated to a claim.

Seller is Viper82

Here is the classified

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...661-UMX-Radian
Feb 14, 2020, 11:16 AM
Trader Rating: 76
W4BYE, FAA 107 Certified
Could be a hacked account, no deals since June 2017 and now 3 bad ones this month. He's not your typical scammer profile.
Feb 15, 2020, 08:51 AM
Trader Rating: 248
BnG...
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Feb 28, 2020 at 12:42 AM.
Feb 15, 2020, 12:12 PM
Trader Rating: 16
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlyBob
Could be a hacked account, no deals since June 2017 and now 3 bad ones this month. He's not your typical scammer profile.
There was one guy who was doing that, seemingly using the potential hacked account as cover. Once enough information surfaced it became clear that it was the original account owner.
One of the signs was countless sales over the years, from the day he started marked as sold to gain credibility, when he had no TRs. Seller was active on You Tube right up to the last scam sale date, but somehow never stopped at RCG.
Feb 18, 2020, 07:29 PM
Thread OP
I hope this scammer dies a painful death. Anyway, I AM getting a refund from PayPal so maybe I should just be wishing him a peaceful death, quickly.

Quick Reply