Feb 25, 2020, 02:09 PM
Thread OP
Charlie, I found this build challenging because the instruction were not what I was used to but by using the plans along with the written directions you will get through it. The fuselage is going fast and I am almost finished. Steps 3, 4, 5, and 6 went quickly and there is nothing worth covering that the instructions don't other than ensuring that the magnets for the hatch attract (not repel). I used the smallest servos I could find, Power Up SG50 s from Grayson Hobby. The servos were 5 gram but they added 14 gram to the airplane. After I mounted the servos and trimmed the arms so that they would fit, I still had to drill new 1/16" holes in F4 to align the control rods with the holes on the servo arm. I sheeted the bottom of the front fuselage and ran the pushrod housings thru F4, F9 , F10, and F11 (crossing over at F10) exiting at F17. I put a small piece of scrap balsa at the tail cone to give the covering something to attach to. The fuselage is all framed in and I am ready to do the Tail feathers. the weight of the fuselage as pictured is 2 oz (58 gram). John
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2020, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
The tail feathers were a straight forward build, uncovered weight 1 oz. I covered the fuselage and tail feathers with Ultracote parklite, used Blenderm tape for the hinges on the elevator and rudder, glued the control horns to the proper side of each control surface, and used Slo Zap to attach the tail feathers to the fuselage. I installed a Suppo A1510 2200 KV motor with a GWS 6-3 prop, a CC Thunderbird 18 E S C, a Spektrum AR 410 receiver, and yes a E T Guardian for hopefully hands off flight. I ran the control rods with a Z bend at the servos and Dubro Mini EZ Connectors at the control horns. Even with all the extra weight forward of the C G I had to add 3/4 oz weight to the nose bringing the flying weight in at 11 oz. I did have a calm couple of hours and tried it out in the field across from the house and it did great, slow and graceful. I will get a video when I get a chance. John
Mar 08, 2020, 12:25 AM
Looking good man, I just finished one of his buzzbomb 400s and it's tail heavy, I ordered a larger battery to try and straighten it out. I'm pretty sure these were designed with solite covering in mind.
Mar 08, 2020, 08:25 PM
Thread OP
Your probably right about the Solite Charlie, but I would just as soon take a beating as mess with Solite. In my experience with it if you even get the glue side to touch glue side it sticks and the piece is ruined. My what good instructions the Buzzbomb has, it sure looks like a great flyer. John
Mar 12, 2020, 08:58 PM
Thread OP
It was a bit windy this evening, but I couldn't wait and went out and scared the cows. I just did a very short circle but was pleased with the way it flew. John
SquareOne short low flight (0 min 30 sec)
Mar 12, 2020, 09:11 PM
Good to see it in the air and an uneventful maiden. Looks nice and floaty .

Quick Reply