This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 04, 2020, 05:44 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

OMPHobby T720 with DSM2 Rx ( Maiden )

OMPHobby T720 with DSM2 Rx (12 min 49 sec)

Chalk and Cheese

The difference between using a Taranis Q x7 and the OMP factory transmitter is like night and day !
Fly in stability mode the T720 is snooze town . It is almost boring .

I was flying with 100% rates and 50% Expo on the elevator and ailerons .
Turning off the stability mode and the T720 flew really nice . On the factory Tx the T720 was a challenge , especially at the slow speed I was flying at and the dead zone on the factory transmitter left you with little to no fine control . On the Taranis it was just gravy .

DSM2/x Satellite Rx

As mentioned , would bind to the Tx in DSMx , but did not work with the T720 control board .
When I tried DSM2_22 everything worked just fine .

Zippy 350 ..

For this flight I was using the slightly larger heavier Zippy 350 2s .. This be the old blue pack which apparently you can no longer buy . I did order a new yellow Zippy 350 ( larger and heavier again ) . That zippy ( yellow ) 350 just arrived .
The blue one gave some 11.30 minutes of flight time around 50% throttle and when I came home the battery tester reported some 40% battery left .
Kiss my beehive right ? I landed when I did because I was getting worried , I did not really notice any power sag but I was sure I was close to 10 minutes flight time ( over in hind sight ) .

T720 Hunts the ground

It does ever so gently hunt the ground . I have done a little elevator offset in the Tx , will see if that cures it . If not I may need to re calibrate the gyro .
If it did not hunt the ground the ( this one ) T720 would be an amazing trainer on the Taranis Tx .

Conclusion

A) The factory Tx is junk ( my humble opinion )
B) The zippy 350 seems to have moved the CG enough
C) On the Taranis the T720 is so freaky good

If I can cure the mild ground hunting , the T720 would be a perfect 10 out of 10 and amazingly Noob friendly .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply