Toro 1M DLG in 2-Piece Wing Version

The Toro from Superfly is a nice little 1M DLG and now you can get it with a 2-piece wing to make it the ultimate travel glider.

Splash

1M DLG Breaks Down to Tiny Size

The Toro from Superfly is a nice little 1M DLG and now you can get it with a 2-piece wing to make it the ultimate travel glider. It has a Synergy2 wing section and the tails use ht 23, ht22. The cores are made from Rohacell and covered with Carboline carbon cloth. The nose is 2.4 friendly and has a slip on nose cone. All up flying weight will be 130-135g and the trim scheme was designed by Jerem Aero.

There are a variety of colors to choose from and Superfly recommends the X4 Bluebird BMS101 DMG servos. Superfly also offers building services so you can order the kit, RR or RTR version. The kit sells for £259.00.

Check out the 2-piece wing Toro Here

Feb 05, 2020, 11:15 AM
Looks like a Go Mini to me....
Feb 05, 2020, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougg
Most of them look nearly the same, regardless of wingspan.

What airfoil does the Go Mini have?
Feb 05, 2020, 03:22 PM
From the Armsoar site.... they also have either a 990 or 1m looks like it's gone and out of stock. They do all look the same, Malibu, this, Mini, etc...

Specifications:
Wing airfoil: Proprietary
Wing area: 13.25dm2
Wingspan: 965mm
AUW: 145-155 grams
Feb 05, 2020, 10:52 PM
Team WarpSquad
Thanks for posting this, Jason. I love the idea of a 1m DLG with a two-piece wing, so it’s even easier to transport. Basically means that you could take it on a commercial flight as a “personal item” or carry-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougg
Interesting that the Toro weighs 10+ gram less than the Go Mini, despite the two-piece wing. Now I wonder how those two compare to the more recent Deviant.
Feb 06, 2020, 07:29 AM
Wonder if the 2 piece wing works with the one piece wing fuse? If linkage is the same then that would be great.
Feb 06, 2020, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roids
Wonder if the 2 piece wing works with the one piece wing fuse? If linkage is the same then that would be great.
It works, fuse is same and wings are same outside, just cutted wing and tubes inside🙂
Feb 06, 2020, 01:57 PM
Toaster, not Toast
This looks really cool and so tempting. It would be great to have such a portable DLG for travel. I have a couple of questions:
How is the right wing held in place?
Is the exposed foam likely to get damaged?
What about the tape, if that is used, pulling the skin off the foam?
Are the servos all in the pod?
Is it available for purchase anywhere in the US?
-Topher
Latest blog entry: Evolution Woodie
Feb 06, 2020, 03:12 PM
It's a 4-in-the-pod design, and as far as I know, only Superfly in the UK sells it.
Mar 21, 2020, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know how to contact Kirill (might be not correct name) from Ukraine who is building this plane?
Edit: I might have found him: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=756925
Last edited by mluha; Mar 21, 2020 at 09:24 AM.
Mar 21, 2020, 09:28 AM
Yes, that's him. He was responsive to a PM I sent him a few months ago.
Mar 25, 2020, 07:57 PM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
We have TORO 2 piece wing in stock ready for shipping, for interest or pre orders please say here.
TORO is exclusive for Superfly and we ship worldwide
Jun 18, 2020, 05:33 PM

Unboxing a receiver ready 1 piece

My unboxing for the 1 piece Toro...

... Great aircraft

Toro 1m dlg 'receiver ready' unboxing (9 min 57 sec)
Aug 19, 2020, 01:46 PM

"Toro" dlg

I purchased a Toro from Neil Harrison at Superfly a couple of months ago. On its second outing it had a 'coming-to-earth' incident with the result that I now need a new nose-cone. I have been unable to contact Superfly for over the last 3 weeks to enquire about spares, no-one answers the phone and e-mails don't get a reply so i'm wondering if they are still in business (?). Does anyone out there know of another supplier, or the name of the manufacturer ? I noticed an earlier post referred to a guy called Kirill in the Ukraine as the possible originator of the model. The 'plane can't really be flown without the nosecone as the aperture for the receiver/battery/servos' is on the underside and is very vulnerable on landing. i would appreciate some advice, or assistance. Thanks.
Aug 19, 2020, 02:17 PM
Kirill is the manufacturer, PM him here and ask to sell you the nose cone . I do not think superbly has In the past kept spares.

Quick Reply