Feb 11, 2020, 01:06 PM
Learning to make
Quote:
Originally Posted by stronnag
The white is much nicer, far less brittle.

Defo have to pick up some when I'm there, then.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2020, 01:16 PM
sweet dreams & flying machines
Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil1999
Defo have to pick up some when I'm there, then.
Available in 3mm, 6mm and 9mm too. About 70% of the way through building a KMF4 1.5m flying wing in the 9mm board. Covered with 75 micron laminating film it appears plenty stiff enough without spars.
Feb 14, 2020, 01:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil1999
Hi Landy!
I was wondering whats the difference between the green B&Q foamboard and the white stuff?

I've tried the green stuff, made a chuck glider. Seems relatively stiff and light, but brittle.

Haven't seen the white foam, I didn't think to look on the other side of the store. So I was wondering if it might have different properties.
I don't know how it compares to the green stuff, as i bought the white stuff. Not made much with it yet, as parts from my other planes turned up so was finishing up those, as well as 3d printing one..

Simon
Feb 16, 2020, 12:25 PM
Learning to make
Thanks all.
Just wanted to mention I have both types now. The white stuff is a lot cleaner and more flexible than the green stuff, but its quite floppy.
The green is brittle, but stiff.
Kinda feels like I could make a skeleton frame (balsa-style) with the green stuff and give it a structural skin with the white stuff.
Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply