Feb 01, 2020, 06:08 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

PILOT RC Laser 73"

Hello Friends,
are there any information about the Pilot RC Slick 73 " ?

Has anyone bought the model and already flown it?

I think about about buying one for aggressiv 3D, or something from Extreme Flight/3DHS like the 75" Edge or the 70" Extra.

https://www.pilot-rc.com/acrobatic/l...aser-73-1-85m/
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2020, 06:02 PM
I do not own the Pilot Slick but I have owned their Edge and Extra, I have owned pretty much all of the EF planes up 60" up to 91" and I must say I mainly fly my Pilots.

I say go for it, I just find the Pilots more enjoyable, more fun but a tad bit harder to fly. My EF planes in comparison are pretty boring and they require more throw to achieve the same.

EF is better for pattern/imac but I rarely fly those maneuvers so Pilot all the way!
Feb 26, 2020, 12:05 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Pay no attention to this person when it comes to EF planes. He doesn't like them because Chris Hinson (the owner of EF) body slammed him here on RCG due to his constant B.S. comments. Also, if you check his posts, you will find the 90% of them are just B.S. posts where he is slamming somebody or something.

Extreme Flight and 3DHS (sold by EF) are some of, if not 'the' best planes made.

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Feb 26, 2020 at 12:45 AM.
Feb 26, 2020, 12:23 AM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal W
Hello Friends,

I think about about buying one for aggressiv 3D, or something from Extreme Flight/3DHS like the 75" Edge or the 70" Extra.

Extreme Flight is my first choice.

If you're looking for something in that size range to fly aggressive 3D, in my humble opinion you can not beat the Extreme Flight Laser 74 V2. The 74" Laser is a true 74" wing span and for my money it's the best overall 3D aircraft in that size.

I will not get into a discussion about what I think about Pilot airframes. But I don't fly them by choice.
Feb 26, 2020, 03:08 AM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal W
Hello Friends,

I would buy an extreme flight extra of that size, or a skywing 30cc plane. All of the skywing planes are really aggressive. I cannot promote both brands enough!!
Feb 26, 2020, 03:31 AM
Big Bushy with a STING (errrr)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbedfellow
I do not own the Pilot Slick but I have owned their Edge and Extra, I have owned pretty much all of the EF planes up 60" up to 91" and I must say I mainly fly my Pilots.

I say go for it, I just find the Pilots more enjoyable, more fun but a tad bit harder to fly. My EF planes in comparison are pretty boring and they require more throw to achieve the same.

EF is better for pattern/imac but I rarely fly those maneuvers so Pilot all the way!
Huh! You don't own or fly the plane in question yet criticise the planes where "you have owned pretty much all" of them.

More B.S as always.

@PascalW. My Advice is buy the one you want and like the look of the best. I haven't owned a Pilot plane but as they are still in business I expect they are pretty good. I do fly EF planes and all of the ones I own fly great. Superb quality, assemble and fly waaaay better than me.

Get what you like. EF, Skywing, Pilot. And fly the crap out of it but pay no attention to a troll......
Feb 26, 2020, 09:28 AM
Extreme Flight all the way. I have been looking at a few Skywing planes too but all the reports so far is that they come in much heavier than advertised. That's a big negative for me, and all the V2 and V3 EF/3DHS planes are now stronger and lighter. Most are sold out for a good reason so you may have to wait a few more weeks for the newer planes to arrive.
Feb 26, 2020, 09:41 AM
San Antonio TX.
Extreme Flight, 3D Hobby Shop and Legacy! The absolute way to go in my book.

Bob
Feb 26, 2020, 11:55 AM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin
Extreme Flight all the way. I have been looking at a few Skywing planes too but all the reports so far is that they come in much heavier than advertised. That's a big negative for me, and all the V2 and V3 EF/3DHS planes are now stronger and lighter. Most are sold out for a good reason so you may have to wait a few more weeks for the newer planes to arrive.
Our skywing ARS came in a little bit heavier than our extreme flight mxs of the same size, but it flies much lighter and is much more aggressive
Feb 26, 2020, 12:52 PM
Yeah, the trend seems to be a lot more fuse width coupled with a lot less wing area for a better roll rate. All the EF MXS's seems to be designed for less parasitic drag, a lower wing loading, with more speed, so a little different intended result. Adding optional tips to the MXS also means accommodating guys like me that need a little more wing area as we get older without our skills getting better but still try to fly it like we stole it.

I can only hope, but I'd expect that we see a V2 MXS across the different sizes that's even lighter and stronger and V2 planes in other model types continue along the lines of less wing area with a higher aspect ratio so they have a better power to weight ratio, accelerate faster, and wad up in a tumbling ball when you pin the sticks...... like my 3DHS V1 74" 10.66 lb Edge 540 used to. Crankshafts and Pop-Tops were it's specialty. 290 Watts per pound with the Hacker A60-7S on 12S3300.
Feb 26, 2020, 03:20 PM
Planes N' Trains
Pilot, Skywing, AJ, EF, 3DHS, you really cant go wrong with any of it. theyre all fantastic choices. pick which one you think looks the best and go fly.

Quick Reply