Jan 31, 2020, 03:08 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

4 ch Brick RCVR with 2 onboard servos / BL ESC / 1S or 2S Batt / Stability Control

A few years ago Hobby King marketed a 4 Ch Brick Receiver that had 2 linear servos, 1S/2S Operation, BL ESC 3A, plus Stability Control.
I have one of these receivers and it works very good. This is DSM2 for operation with Spektrum transmitter.

Does anyone know where these Receivers can still be purchased?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2020, 03:17 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Doesn't appear to be available anymore: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/2-4ghz-s...ar-servos.html

Looking at the reviews, it would appear people were having problems with the rudder servos on the board running hot or even failing. Design flaw? Did you get lucky?
Feb 03, 2020, 07:50 AM
Try this.
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Min...r_warehouse=CN
Feb 04, 2020, 05:11 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLaw

Not a brushless ESC. I have one of those boards and TX sitting around now after swapping a DSMX board into my 'Stang. I'm thinking of putting it into a powered glider.
Feb 04, 2020, 05:22 PM
Senior to who? Member
Does this mean my warranty is expired? LOL Wonder how many people buy gear like this then plug it in and loose the magic smoke because they did not check that the servos turn freely.
I will be interesting when I fire up mine. I always assumed it was a SuperMicro product and I have what appears to be SuperMicro stand alone identical servos.

I have no idea what the other picture is....
Feb 05, 2020, 12:50 PM
Thread OP

Micro Servos

Good to see some of the 1.2 gram servos I made some time back. Are you still using them? Interesting that there still is not a Micro rotary servo
on the market today that is that light. The smallest Linear Servos come close in weight at 1.5 grams. Of course if you have lots $ you can buy 0.4 and 0.5 gram
rotary servos at MicroFlier, but cost is very High $$$.
The Brick you show in pic looks like HH item with BL output, there are 2 versions one for 1S and one for 2S.
Feb 05, 2020, 01:59 PM
Senior to who? Member
Scharlach, yes its your servos. No I still have the kits and I'm glad cause its not something I want to change after building. At this point I would go with a smaller motor so that is the plan. I am actually after years of just putzing around, getting serious about real quality micro. So milligram receivers, I have a working sub 500mg servo and parts for 5 more at sub $20 each. If I go brushless we have .18gram 3A escs and I have plans to use flex PCB to shave a few more mg off that. Exciting times.

The receiver is the one posted in the link from HK obsolete listing, its the RX62H, my docs say 2S and 3.7v minimum operating. So questionable 1S use.
Feb 11, 2020, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossup
I am actually after years of just putzing around, getting serious about real quality micro. ... Exciting times.
Most Excellent! Looking forward to your adventures.

Gene K
Feb 11, 2020, 08:43 AM
I'm looking forward to this.

Gene K
Feb 17, 2020, 10:58 AM
Thread OP

500mg servos

Crossup am interested in your 500mg servo kits. Could you provide photos and details what your kit contains for this servo. Thanks, Dan
Feb 17, 2020, 09:32 PM
Senior to who? Member
Dan
You might have been reading a bit fast.... the only kits mentioned are yours. I did say I have the stuff to make a bunch of sub 500mg servos- which are for me. Thread right here in Indoor Micro for the 500 mg servo info.
Feb 22, 2020, 01:08 PM
Thread OP

500mg servo

would be interested in what motor & gears & configuration you are using
Feb 24, 2020, 01:45 PM
Senior to who? Member
Dan,
its all in the 500mg thread, motor is mentioned in post #81. The gearbox is the epicyclic mentioned from Solarbotic which I found as mentioned at a lower price from a UK model train dealer.
Chips ordered from China, magnets from Supermagnetman. Allegro Hall sensor from Digikey.

Home made lathe turned adapter to fit the Shicoh motor to the gearbox.

CF tube bored to fit the output shaft of the gearbox. Piece of CF flat stock glued to the gearbox holds the Hall Sensor, same stock used for an upper bearing support opposite to the Hall mount to keep stress off the gearbox output. Another piece of flat CF to make the output arm. So its Hall sensor under magnet on CF tube, upperbushing/bearing(delrin) then output arm. Chip glued to CF flat stock and 10x46 awg Litz wire for connections.

Quick Reply