Jan 31, 2020, 01:29 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Solartex covering

I need to get 5m of Natural Solartex. Anybody know where I can get some of this material?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2020, 05:09 PM
I couldn’t find any in the US so I ordered a bunch from the UK... the shipping was a bit expensive, but I got enough for another 5 models.

https://solarfilm.co.uk/products/solartex

Hope this helps!
Daniel
Feb 01, 2020, 08:58 AM
Neophyte hacker
Get it while you can as they aren't making it anymore. Which is why many of the choices are unavailable.

I would have used it on my 1/4 Pietenpol. Instead I just used light polyester cloth and painted it.

charlie
Feb 18, 2020, 02:55 PM
Thread OP
I ordered some Oratex and it appears to be the same so hopefully it will look the same after painting.
Feb 19, 2020, 03:48 PM
I've used Oratex on a few models and apart from Minor colour differences (Olive Green for Oratex is a slightly different shade to Solatex and the Natural Linen is very different), it's virtually the same material.
I find Oratex easier to use as well, It responds better to judicial application of the old heat gun and Iron.

Cheers,

Hugh (Formerly MerlinV)
Mar 22, 2020, 08:39 AM
I see you folks are referring to Olive Green Oratex. Would that be another name for Olive Drab or is the Olive Green not suited to pass as OD? I am using it to cover a L-4/L-19 project.

I looked on the BUSA website and didn't find a reference to Olive Green, so any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I also have another project, a BUSA Taube and was thinking about using their Antique covering but they don't show a sample swatch of that color.... any comments/help here would also be appreciated.

Bob

Quick Reply