Feb 10, 2020, 09:45 PM
Either the tx or rx antenna isn't connected properly. I'm willing to bet there's a bad solder.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2020, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
Either the tx or rx antenna isn't connected properly. I'm willing to bet there's a bad solder.
Redcat promptly sent me a new radio system, the Scout is happy now.
Feb 15, 2020, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH S
Redcat promptly sent me a new radio system, the Scout is happy now.
Great!

I TOLD you Redcat CS is awesome!!!
Feb 16, 2020, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Great!

I TOLD you Redcat CS is awesome!!!
Range tested it out to about 120ft. everything seems OK, does well in snow.
Feb 16, 2020, 10:10 AM
Cool! I have yet to see snow this year....two times it flurried....that was it.

Love running my trucks in snow...ice more fun.
Feb 16, 2020, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Cool! I have yet to see snow this year....two times it flurried....that was it.

Love running my trucks in snow...ice more fun.
Tonight the snow developed a frozen crust, it's almost like driving on the ice in the high mountains, everywhere is a rock crawling course. Gotta get a light kit on the Gen 8. The Vaterra Suburban is really light weight and does really well on this type of snow. I was out for about 1/2 hr., no wind very calm, nice night for running the scaler.
Feb 16, 2020, 09:15 PM
I love when the snow gets a hard pack of ice!!

I bought these for my Gen 8...Only $9 shipped for this 8 light set:
2 white/4 yellow/ 2 red

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...J1T3F9U3&psc=1

Then I bought a second set which was 4 white 4 red, for like $8.

So you can put all 16 lights on for less than $20 easy.
Feb 17, 2020, 11:04 AM
Thread OP
COOL!! glad to see redcat taking good care of there customers.
Feb 18, 2020, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman
COOL!! glad to see redcat taking good care of there customers.
My replacement radio lasted about 30 min. before one of the channels died, it was fun while it lasted
Feb 19, 2020, 07:51 AM
Quote:
My replacement radio lasted about 30 min. before one of the channels died, it was fun while it lasted
Wow...the luck you have! Well....Redcat CS should still take care of you ......and third time is the charm?

I have 4 Redcat tx and never had a problem with any of them. You are having a bad run of luck!
Feb 19, 2020, 10:38 AM
Thread OP
That's strange I have a few of the redcat radios and never had any problems with them? Curious what channel blew out? are you using the stock servo, Are you running through any water?
Feb 19, 2020, 12:01 PM
Quote:
That's strange I have a few of the redcat radios and never had any problems with them? Curious what channel blew out? are you using the stock servo, Are you running through any water?
Just used the stock servo out of the box, it's the throttle function that is dead. I switched the radio system to a Traxxas TQi and it works fine ( the esc is OK), Never really got it wet either. It's strange why the throttle channel only would not work, I plug the esc into the steering channel and it will work.
Feb 19, 2020, 12:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Just used the stock servo out of the box, it's the throttle function that is dead. I switched the radio system to a Traxxas TQi and it works fine ( the esc is OK), Never really got it wet either. It's strange why the throttle channel only would not work, I plug the esc into the steering channel and it will work.
That is strange sure you did not hit the throttle reverse switch by mistake this may make the esc not function?
Feb 19, 2020, 05:37 PM
Quote:
That is strange sure you did not hit the throttle reverse switch by mistake this may make the esc not function?
Checked that, the one channel just stopped working. These Redcat RTR radios have not been good to me, I have 15 year old Traxxas units that are still going strong, My Vaterra was great out of the box, and I have a host of RTR boat radios that work great with epic range, heck I have $50 drones I've gone 200 ft out with. I may be getting radio systems from Redcat they have in stock from a lot with high failure rates, it happens. I think I'll just stick with the Traxxas TQi it's programmable, durable and reliable.

Feb 19, 2020, 06:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Checked that, the one channel just stopped working. These Redcat RTR radios have not been good to me, I have 15 year old Traxxas units that are still going strong, My Vaterra was great out of the box, and I have a host of RTR boat radios that work great with epic range, heck I have $50 drones I've gone 200 ft out with. I may be getting radio systems from Redcat they have in stock from a lot with high failure rates, it happens. I think I'll just stick with the Traxxas TQi it's programmable, durable and reliable.

That's very strange I have many redcat and flysky radios they are the same and never had any problems with them at all.
Must have just had a spew of bad luck.

Quick Reply