Apr 06, 2005, 02:56 PM
Callsign: CornDog
Do you mean the cartoon? Yes!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2005, 03:27 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"

>SIGH<..............

I have a "sinking-feeling" about My "free-plan-silver-Titanic-build"....
Apr 06, 2005, 03:46 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Leather
I have a "sinking-feeling" about My "free-plan-silver-Titanic-build"....
...out of silver?
...or just couldn't resist another pun?
Apr 06, 2005, 04:11 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"

Silver.........

Every cloud, has a silver Twinkle-y lining,...... and I think you're being a "silver-tongued" devil........And as they used to say on the Coors light commercial.. "turn it loose, turn it loose, turn it loose, turn it loose tonight"...
Apr 08, 2005, 02:58 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
the plans have arrived.

...I'm now the proud owner of 70 odd large sheets of paper.

The plans really did come out spiffy!
USPS doesn't have my mailing tubes to me just yet, so I'm about to go run out for a sortie to get some from somewhere. I'll be packing them all tonight, and hopefully take care of the posting them in the morning.

....I'll start the rounds today making sure the people still on the list, are still on the list

Cheers!.
Arron.
Apr 08, 2005, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
the plans have arrived.....I'll start the rounds today making sure the people still on the list, are still on the list
Please do it quietly, I'll probably be sleeping It's 10:10 PM here now.
Max.
Apr 08, 2005, 04:00 PM
So.... other than indicating on this thread that we are interested, what else should we be doing? Is your website ready to take orders?

I'm like an 8 year old outside a toy store with cash in my fists just waiting for the door to be unlocked...
Apr 08, 2005, 04:16 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Do nothing.

I have a list of RCGroups people, a few others emailed in... one by one, I'll ask for an address and provide a means for paypal and give the final price. For the couple of guys that want to go through money order, I'll give them my address.
Apr 08, 2005, 04:34 PM
<deep breath> Okay <deep breath> I can do that!
Apr 08, 2005, 05:01 PM
I'd like to be on the list for a plan set. Ordered more balsa sticks this morning.
Apr 08, 2005, 06:16 PM
I would like a set of plans!

Joe
Apr 08, 2005, 07:49 PM
Just Keeping UP

Plug for Template Sheet

This is a shameless plug!

Consider buying one of the Template sheets along with the plans. It will save you a trip to the copy shop, or tracing the templates by hand!

(It will also help pay for my plotter!)

For those using the Template sheet, please be aware that the drawn lightening holes on the sheet ribs are my idea and not theKM's. I recommend only using them if your sheet stock is heavy. Holes in very light sheet stock may make the ribs too delicate. In any case, the weight savings would be small and they will make the rigs more prone to breaking.

Nick
Apr 08, 2005, 08:10 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
I KNOW!!!.... people should use the holey ribs, and then put TRUSS STRINGERS in the lightening holes to make them strong again!!!

*thinking*
...actually you could do this. You would have the advantage of building the truss rib flat on the bench, and not in the jigged up wing. It would still have the slightly weaker spars, but would be a great middle ground for people that do want the sexy truss look that would normally have issues trussing without being able to lean on something. Actually, it's really not that silly an idea. You do still end up with that very sexy truss wing that the other guys at the field will think you're a building god for completing

Given the original truss tecnique, and now this cut rib with truss middles option...
If *all* the Twinkles end up with sheet ribs, I'll be very disappointed

...I should have made a "truss ribs only" plan at a discount price. nothing like a little incentive
Apr 08, 2005, 08:27 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Brother just fold up a set and send it my way.
PM me with the Pay-pal address,
and lets move on down the road

Larry
Apr 08, 2005, 09:41 PM
Yes, please send me the payment info!!! I need a set of plans ASAP!!!

Quick Reply