Mar 26, 2005, 06:40 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP

TWINKLE PLANS - ready to print. want one?...

Peoples,

The plans for the Twinkle are done!

Summary of the plane: 24" inch wing span amphibious park/pond flyer designed for CDRom brushless.

Just adding the last few details tweaks on it, and will most likely send them off to the printer tomorrow. To get them printed, I need to know how many people want a copy... soooo... put a post in here to be added to the tally. Just make yourselves known!

The plans are chock full of meaty goodness and printed in colour. Also provided is a small print of the plan (for reference so you don't have to keep looking under the thing you have pinned to the bench), and documentation that is a brain dump of everything that I know about the first two proty's possibly including a little trouble shooting guide (if people want that sort of thing). On the plans is the details of building the trussed ribs like my proty's, or a full cut out rib as like a typical balsa plane.

The cost will be US$10 ea. + postage. I'll post to any exotic location, and the shipping charge will be at cost. For the postage, I'll also need to know if you want the plan folded or rolled in a mailing tube. Not that I know the exact cost as yet, but the mailing tube would be a few dollars dearer. When I have the plans in my hand, I'll PM people to organise the PayPal payment... send me a PM if you need some other exotic form of payment.

Anyways, as soon as there's an idea as to the initial run qauntity, I'll start wearing out the printer's plotter!

And here's a few pics of a finished result just in case you don't know what I'm on about...

"GREATEST INVENTION EVER CONCEIVED...
FORMATION of WONDROUS BEAUTY...
STUPENDOUS ASSEMBLAGE, the SPLENDOR
of which the world has NEVER SEEN before THIS DAY!"
- Cathode

EDIT: Postage will most likely be rolled into a triangular mailing tube at no extra cost, thanks to the USPS tip from Demon-Leather.

Last edited by theKM; Mar 29, 2005 at 02:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2005, 07:34 PM
Addicted to R/C
I will buy a set. Very nice plane!
Mar 26, 2005, 07:53 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Well.. i want some.. of course.
Mar 26, 2005, 08:04 PM
Ill take one thank you. JOe
Mar 26, 2005, 08:38 PM
Farfromloopin'
I want one
Mar 26, 2005, 08:45 PM
Registered Foam Abuser

Deal Me In

I'll jump In, sign me up.
Mar 26, 2005, 09:31 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Hook me up too. I think I'm up for this one.
Mar 26, 2005, 09:59 PM
Well....Yes of course I would!

Thanks,

-Mo
Mar 26, 2005, 10:06 PM
I'll Take a set...

Andy S.
Mar 26, 2005, 11:23 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"

Well... You KNOW I want one!...

Put Me down for a set... and if I may add some advice. Instead of using expen$ive mailing tubes, use the USPS Priority mail tubes. Just go to usps.com and order you several cases, tape, lables etc. They are FREE and will arrive in 2 to 5 days.( they have postal connections ) I trade plans with a lot of fellows asross the country, and other countries.. haven't lost a plan yet! You tax dollars have paid for it already,.. might as well put it to use for you. Oh.. pay no attention to the Express mail triangle tube,.. it was the only one I had folded up on hand for a demo. Also.. when ordering, order several cases, and bring a truck & some help to load... I think yer gonna need em with the Twinkle! They come in different sizes, so make sure you get the right size for the Twinkle plans... note the yardstick laying in the center of the boxes. Bob
Mar 26, 2005, 11:55 PM
Just Keeping UP
The free postal boxes are a good idea, but they do carry some risk. They're not very heavy (good for the postage rate) and the postal people sometimes squash them a bit: your plans may come with some rinkles.

Nick
Mar 26, 2005, 11:56 PM
Callsign: CornDog
Sight me up for a set too!
Mar 27, 2005, 12:04 AM
"Experienced-Crasher"

Nick.

Naw... out of the hundreds (and I do mean hundreds) of plans I've sent I've NEVER had one wrinkled.. had a box or two "dented" but the plans stay nice inside (more room than a tube) A piece of newspaper on each end as a cushion, & yer good) Remember the rule" light planes bounce better?" Light PLANS do to! I can't tell you how many times I get plans looking like a crushed-out cigarrette butt in a tube because someone charged me $7.00 shipping for a heavy tube, with nothing in the ends. "Postal-carrier inertia" rattles the plans back & forth in the tube like a piston in a race car!
With a light set of plans & a triangle.. yer fine... Bob
Mar 27, 2005, 12:07 AM
"Experienced-Crasher"

Oh yeah...

want your plans treated tender while shipped? spend an extra 45 cents on delivery confirmation. The USPS employess are "performance-rated" on delivery, & tracking..They treat the confirmation stuff a LOT different. ( I have an inside source at USPS ..the Mrs. works for em! ) Bob
Mar 27, 2005, 12:15 AM
Just Keeping UP
Demon,

Glad you've had good luck with the boxes! When I mail plans in a round tube, I put end caps on it with tape to hold the caps in place. On the other hand, I'll package stuff anyway the customer wants it! I'm not proud!

Of course, now we've messed up the plans count: before I said anything, the message count = plans count.

Nick

Quick Reply