Jan 26, 2020, 09:03 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Balance charging

Hello all

I'm fairly new to the drone scene. I am mostly a plane guy. I just got A SG907 drone. Is there a way I can use my balance charger to charge these drone batteries?
Is there some kind of USB adapter ? How do you tell if and when you are at storage voltage ? The drone batteries have 4 lights on them, so to me it is kind of a educated guess as to when they are close to a storage voltage. I disconnect them when the 3rd light is flashing to the 4th light.
Hopefully this makes sense.

Cheers
Sean
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2020, 03:20 AM
Nope, if designed for USB charge, then the battery has a charging controller circuit inside, as is almost every phone battery.
So you have to plug there an USB, which is somewhat equivalent to a smart voltage source, delivering 5V with an embedded current limitation.
Do not connect there a "dumb" 5V supply ! Without a current limit you risk to puff the drone battery.
Jan 27, 2020, 09:31 AM
Thread OP
Thank you
So how do you know when you are at a storage charge ?
Do you hook the battery up to the drone and read the app that shows the voltage ? Or do people usually keep the batteries at a full charge which I know is hard on the batteries.
Jan 27, 2020, 03:33 PM
Storage is not a fixed critical value, anything between 40% and 80% is fine.
Your LED method should tell you accurate enough when you are in this interval, imo.
Jan 28, 2020, 12:03 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Renatoa

Quick Reply