$24 brushless motor - $49 with speed control part II

continued form here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...07#post3508007
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2005, 04:11 PM
HELL no you cant fly it!
cool part 2
Mar 27, 2005, 11:04 PM
Farfromloopin'
Okay- I ripped the wing off of my GWS Corsair trying to pull off a downwind outside loop from level flight. I had the BP-21 installed with the speed control from Balsa Pr.

Need less ot say the wing ripped out of the fuse when I was just coming around to inverted. After the wing depearted the plane the fuse nosed into a paved parking lot at what seemed to be 40+mph. Not pretty!!
The good news is the motor still works. The prop shaft is bent to heck.
And I can't seem to get this thing dissasembled to stick a new shaft on.
I removed the e-clip at the back, and I've tried to pull the stator out but it only moves about 1/8th" up and down. I've tried to remove the large nut at the front of the bell but nothing will budge. Can someone help me before I break something!!!

Thanks,

Voodoo!!!!!

This is a gret motor BTW. It pulled the Corsair around amazingly well on 2 cells and an APC 8x3.8.
Mar 28, 2005, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoosoup
Okay- I ripped the wing off of my GWS Corsair trying to pull off a downwind outside loop from level flight. I had the BP-21 installed with the speed control from Balsa Pr.

Need less ot say the wing ripped out of the fuse when I was just coming around to inverted. After the wing depearted the plane the fuse nosed into a paved parking lot at what seemed to be 40+mph. Not pretty!!
The good news is the motor still works. The prop shaft is bent to heck.
And I can't seem to get this thing dissasembled to stick a new shaft on.
I removed the e-clip at the back, and I've tried to pull the stator out but it only moves about 1/8th" up and down. I've tried to remove the large nut at the front of the bell but nothing will budge. Can someone help me before I break something!!!

Thanks,

Voodoo!!!!!

This is a gret motor BTW. It pulled the Corsair around amazingly well on 2 cells and an APC 8x3.8.
Unless you've bent the shaft so badly that it can't turn I'd say that you are having problems because of the flat washer behind the c-clip. I did the same thing the first time I tried to remove the bell and shaft. I didn't take the flat washer off the shaft and it would slip into the slot where the c-clip goes and stop me from removing the shaft. Don't bother with the shaft nut on the front of the bell.

That's the only thing I can think of.
Mar 28, 2005, 09:44 AM
Permanently Banned

GWS 8/6 Prop on 2S for 32 minute Flights 1/3 throttle

Did this on a Wattage Hawk and TP 1900 mah gen 1
Mar 28, 2005, 11:59 AM
Another success story:

BP21 with Jeti 18 amp ESC, 8 cell Kan 1050 battery, 8x4 GWS prop, Ace Whisper "Speed 400 size" glider. RTF weight about 23 ounces. Goes almost streight up at full throttle. Gets small after 20 - 30 second motor run. Poor glide due to lack of folding prop, but 30-50% throttle power on flight time was close to 15 minutes.
Mar 31, 2005, 08:52 PM
After part one of this thread I ordered a BP18 ESC for my lab students to use so I could get mine back from their project. It didn't get 2 turns on the impeller blade on a tested motor and system before we noticed a hot smell! System still works with old ESC so it was a bad unit, not motor!

2 emails to them with no reply and 2 weeks since I sent it back. Has anyone else had problems with Balsa Products responding to them? Is it my Penn State email that they don't like????
Apr 01, 2005, 07:25 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Rocket , BP in the past has been very good about responding , email JIM ... he's the return guy ...
Apr 01, 2005, 11:22 PM
Mat
Mat
The ground jumped at it!
How do you remove the c-ring thing at the back which holds the axle on?
Apr 03, 2005, 10:30 AM
Permanently Banned
use tiny jewelers screwdriver
Apr 03, 2005, 02:16 PM
Lagopus lagopus
Good deal right there.
Apr 03, 2005, 02:20 PM
Mat
Mat
The ground jumped at it!
When removing the c-ring thing do you try to bend the ring off or pop it off?
Apr 03, 2005, 04:23 PM
Mat
Mat
The ground jumped at it!
Will the BP12 Ever exceed 10 amp durring normal use and testing with the recomended dd8x4 prop?
Apr 03, 2005, 05:36 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Now what about the new BP 10A Bl esc??????oughta be perfect for cd motors eh?
Apr 07, 2005, 07:34 PM
Mat
Mat
The ground jumped at it!
I noticed on my BP12 that the ring which the power leads are sodered onto is loose and moves left and right. Is this a problem? Would super glue fix it?