May 26, 2020, 05:19 PM

me too!

Hey guys, I'm having really similar problems.

I tried to fly mine for the first time a few days ago; found the manuals online really quite sparse and not helpful for troubleshooting any of the problems I'm having. Every single time I've used it, the indicator lights on the front arms are consistently solid red, which is indicated in the manual to mean a major issue with the RC - but it is capable of flight. The calibration is impossible on my RC, the lights that are supposed to indicate that the RC is ready for horizontal or vertical calibration have not come on at any point. Turning the RC off, using fresh, fully charged batteries has not made a difference.

I'm so disappointed, it really has not met my expectations at all and I really wish I'd brought a DJI.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2020, 05:13 PM
Hi, do you find a solution With your drone ? I have the same problem :/
Jun 26, 2020, 01:44 AM

Eachine EX4 issues... worst drone ever!

How annoying to find this thread after having bout the Eachine EX4!
I've experienced everything described above. As has previously been stated, this drone isn't worth $10. There really is no point to spending money on something that simply does not work.
On the face of it the drone offers so much but the old adage applies... if it looks too good to be true then there's something wrong with it.
The Eachine EX4 is the worst drone I have ever bought.
Jul 06, 2020, 12:21 PM

Ex4 crashes

Any updates or fixes
New to the hobby and thought the ex4 would be a great and inexpensive entry point
However I only seem to have control of it every few flights
Other times it just takes off sideways and crashes
Some pretty big crashes I have to say!
Hit a house and baseball backstop😖
Drone is pretty banged up now
Makes me not want to keep pursuing the hobby as I am hesitant to buy another higher priced drone. After seeing that others have similar issues, I don’t feel as bad. Was not sure if was just my inexperience that was causing the crashes
Jul 14, 2020, 02:01 AM

i have the same problem

me too
Last edited by Richard12FPV; Jul 14, 2020 at 12:09 PM. Reason: ___
Jul 17, 2020, 12:39 PM

The toilet bowl drone

Hi all have had same problems as all of you— I think like some the problem is app based ,I have the additional problem of when the app is operational my phone gets really hot — has anyone lease had this additional problem? I would be interested to know!!
Aug 11, 2020, 03:31 PM

Drone crashed, camera lens cracked - not focusing

Hello, my drone crashed to the wall that caused camera lens protective glass crack. I removed the protective glass. Lens not damaged but it is not focusing anymore. What can be a problem how to solve it ? Help please 😟
Aug 15, 2020, 05:32 PM

Same issues with Eachine ex4

Hello,
I have similar problems with my ex4.
I will try to describe my observations

- In the first 10-12 flights everything was OK except the signal and image losing. This was probably due to wrong positioning of the antenas. I was just expanding the antenas,
without rotating.
After that, the problems started.
- Some times a few seconds after take off it goes out of control and makes this toilet bowl effect.
I press the return to home button. It comes back successfully. Then i land it and take it off again. Usually it is ok after this first attempt.
I have noticed the following for this symptom.
- Try to not adapt the phone on the controller. I think that in this case it is more stable.
- Avoid to take off vertically above me. I think that causes lost control.
- Some times the gimbal is not working.
In this case I land the drone, restart and then it is Ok. I make sure that for the first 30 seconds it is in a leveled surface and not moving.
- I have never run the calibration process. Never asked.
- Sometimes it flies perfectly without problems and it is real fun.
Oct 31, 2020, 07:19 PM

Same problems

Got ex4 week ago. not gotten in the air. can't get motors to spin up. Light on drone just keeps flashing. Today I found if I turn gps off and push one button launch the motors spin. Didn't trust it to try and fly. Also Finds no satellites Says calibrations successful. Any body figure the problem?
Last edited by dougm216; Nov 01, 2020 at 01:53 PM.
Nov 08, 2020, 03:46 PM

GPS lost signal

Hi,

I have an eachine ex4 (version 3km), but I have a problem: after configuring the gyro and compass settings and obtaining at least 8 satellites, I take flight with the drone.
It turns out that out of nowhere, in full flight I lose the satellites (the GPS indicates 0), the lights flash green and blue, and the drone starts to lose altitude.
Sometimes the GPS / satellite signal returns, but disappears again. I am using the enjoy fly app.
I am afraid to fly long distances, because if the GPS fails, the return to home function won´t active and I may lose the drone.
Can anyone tell me if the problem is a bad configuration or if the drone needs repair?

Best Regards,
T. Mendes
Dec 04, 2020, 06:22 PM
It's too bad that these problems exist with this drone, as it had such good potential.
I'm having the same problems as everybody else. Spent almost an hour today messing with trying to get it to calibrate, and it just wouldn't do it. Some people say it might work on an Android, if you can find the app for it (I have an iPhone, and the app is just awful).

Only was able to even get it in the air twice. When in GPS mode, it bounces back and forth between 7 or 8 and 0 satellites. Red lights on solid on landing gear, flashing green on the back. Was initially thinking that I just got a bad one, but it looks like it's a universal problem.

And the videos I watched of this...they all "just worked", though Captain Drone said to ignore what is says on the app, and it would actually calibrate. Well, it doesn't. Can't get it to fly. And it would likely be impossible to return it. Support from Eachine is non-existent.

Glad I have a Mavic Mini. I got the EX4 hoping to have a cheap alternative for when winds are higher, because the Mini isn't the best in higher winds (I know, there's a newer model Mini that is, I should have spent the extra $150 and just got that).

Very disappointed. What a waste of money.
Dec 10, 2020, 12:05 PM
My previous post on this seems to have got lost when being posted...so here's an update that I did that same day as my previous post on this:

(tested on December 4th)
So just a couple hours later, I did some more testing, and got some interesting results.

I got my hands on an Android (an old Samsung) and downloaded the C-Fly app on it. Sure enough, the compass calibration works EVERY time on it. And the text on the screen is actually in English (excusing the grammatical errors) and properly formatted to fit the screen. They must have just abandoned the iPhone at some point. Unfortunate.

I decided to try taking it away from my house, and any "magnetic interference" that I seem to get around here, and try my luck in a large parking lot. The good news is, I didn't need to recalibrate the compass when I got it to the new location. That was a bit surprising. The bad news is that even though I had 10 satellites, as soon as I took it within 15 feet of my vehicle, it started flashing blue/green again (compass error), popped up the "interference" warning on the screen, and started to go out of control. I moved it away from the vehicle, and it went solid green again, but my Wifi signal was only showing 1 bar (even though I was less than 10 feet away from the drone), and it started to toilet bowl again (even with a lot of satellites).

Then I just flat-out lost control of it, and had to crash it into the asphalt. Surprisingly, it didn't damage it. But I wasn't very high off the ground.

This drone clearly can't be trusted. At least not to the point where I'd be willing to fly it away from me at any distance (even with VLOS). But at least there's some more information that's helpful.

If it ever stops raining here, I'll try taking it down a path in the forest (we have lots of trails around here), where there is clearly NOTHING that can be magnetic or metal anywhere near it, and see if it will actually fly well enough to get usable camera footage out of it.

(ADDITIONAL UPDATE, as of today, December 10th)
After going through some other posts about these drones within the forums here, it looks like there's a possible minor modification or two that may resolve this issue. I'm attempting the "easier" of these mods first, which involves putting copper tape along the top inside (where a small amount of foil currently is placed), to try to protect the GPS from interference from within the drone itself. This seems to have made things more stable for those that have done it, and it gets the satellite lock to a lot more satellites (and much faster, not having to wait 60-90 seconds to get the lock).
If that doesn't completely fix it, the second modification I saw done was to remove the compass daughterboard from inside, and relocate it externally (and then cover it). I think that might be a bit drastic, especially since it seems as though using the Android app has resolved my compass calibration problem. Hopefully shielding the GPS more will fix it.

I ordered the tape earlier this week with Amazon Prime, and it's schedule to be here today. So I'm hoping to get some time tonight to test this, and I'll post back results on how it goes. I'll be testing it in my yard first, as this area seemed to be the most likely to have some kind of interference (though, if this fixes it, it shows that the interference is from within the device, not from externally).
Dec 10, 2020, 03:40 PM

copper tape for the win!

So my copper tape arrived this afternoon, and I just put two sheets over the sensor module and two sheets over the GPS on the top cover.

And the difference........just, wow.

UAV Forecast is telling me that 13 satellites are currently available, and I was able to pick up 11-12 of them, consistently. I did this testing in my back yard, where I couldn't get it to connect to any satellites pretty much at all last time. It did start moving around a bit, but it's fairly windy here right now, so I can't hold that against it. I decided to take my chances at sending it up to about 100 feet, and it (rather ironically) seemed to hold much more solid when it got some height on it. No toilet bowling at all once it started to get up higher, and it held even in wind gusts to over 20mph (according to UAV Forecast).

Took it back down, shut it off, and turned everything back on, with no compass calibration. It picked up 12 satellites again, launched with no problem, and held fairly solid a few feet in the air.

CONCLUSION:
So these are some interesting observations, and it seems to go along with what others found after doing something similar. The problem with this drone seems to be coming from INSIDE the aircraft. I'm going to try putting one more strand of copper on it, to see if will lock even better. But in general, this does seem to solve the problem with the magnetic interference. Which begs the question....why didn't they just put the extra 2 cents worth of shielding on this? It's not like it's a "cheap" cheap drone, there are certainly far cheaper and far worse ones. Just spend the tiny bit more on shielding, and save customer headaches. Sheesh.
Dec 12, 2020, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpaw
So my copper tape arrived this afternoon, and I just put two sheets over the sensor module and two sheets over the GPS on the top cover.

And the difference........just, wow.

UAV Forecast is telling me that 13 satellites are currently available, and I was able to pick up 11-12 of them, consistently. I did this testing in my back yard, where I couldn't get it to connect to any satellites pretty much at all last time. It did start moving around a bit, but it's fairly windy here right now, so I can't hold that against it. I decided to take my chances at sending it up to about 100 feet, and it (rather ironically) seemed to hold much more solid when it got some height on it. No toilet bowling at all once it started to get up higher, and it held even in wind gusts to over 20mph (according to UAV Forecast).

Took it back down, shut it off, and turned everything back on, with no compass calibration. It picked up 12 satellites again, launched with no problem, and held fairly solid a few feet in the air.

CONCLUSION:
So these are some interesting observations, and it seems to go along with what others found after doing something similar. The problem with this drone seems to be coming from INSIDE the aircraft. I'm going to try putting one more strand of copper on it, to see if will lock even better. But in general, this does seem to solve the problem with the magnetic interference. Which begs the question....why didn't they just put the extra 2 cents worth of shielding on this? It's not like it's a "cheap" cheap drone, there are certainly far cheaper and far worse ones. Just spend the tiny bit more on shielding, and save customer headaches. Sheesh.
Exactly the same problem here! 0 sattelites in the back yard, 0, 6,7,8 or 10 out in the open but incosistent. So, remove the cover and shield the sensor modulke and GPS ? It's that simple ?
Dec 16, 2020, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey_rs250
Exactly the same problem here! 0 sattelites in the back yard, 0, 6,7,8 or 10 out in the open but incosistent. So, remove the cover and shield the sensor modulke and GPS ? It's that simple ?
That does appear to be the consistent fix for this. I haven't had a problem since then. It's too bad that I had to buy a whole roll of copper tape for it (not sure what I'll use the other 50 feet of it for) but it was certainly worth it.

Quick Reply