Jan 24, 2020, 10:26 PM
Lost it again!!!!!
Thread OP
Discussion

JJRC X12/C-FLY/eachine ex4 problems

Ok who is having problems with their drone?

Every time I take this out I spend most of the first battery trying to get this to fly right. I get the compass calibrated, got 13-18 satellites. I take off and let it settle and it will toilet bowl just a bit. Try to fly straight out and it veers to the left. Let off the sticks and it still will go left on it’s own. Stop it then it will start a big toilet bowl.

I go through this process about 3 times disconnect re calibrate and fly. Then for some reason it works just fine. Then about once a battery it looses connection. Screen freezes and I got no stick controls and it returns to home

Then there are pictures. When I take the first pic I hear the shutter sound on the app and I get a bar that pops up on the bottom of my screen in Chinese. After that no shutter sound. Then I have to download the pics from the app itself later to save them. But today that didn’t work. No pics. Not even on the memory card

And now to tracking. The first time I tried it it worked. It followed me but the drop down bar for hight control was blank
The next time I tried it the hight bar was blank and all the drone did drop to the ground every time I hit tracking. Today I tried it again. It held its position, drop down bar was blank but if you scrolled the bar you could hear it change position but the drone didn’t change altitude

I feel that all these issues are app related. It sucks because it flies pretty good. Video is ok if the light is good but there is jello. What do you expect for a $200 drone? Well one that at least works right. Should have spent the money on a DJI. Help me out here or let me know if you got the same issues

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2020, 12:41 PM
Olá eu comprei um voei duas com o controle remoto e foi tudo bem mas agora eu não consigo mais conectar o controle remoto no celular a rede Wi-Fi do controle não aparece de forma alguma e se quero voar só fazendo a conexão direta entre o drone e o app alguém tem alguma dica sobre isso ??
Feb 14, 2020, 05:40 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Sinto muito, este não é um fórum de língua portuguesa.

Saudações, Jan.
Feb 15, 2020, 10:16 PM
Lost it again!!!!!
Thread OP
Sorry no comprende lol
Mar 06, 2020, 10:58 AM
badman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman
Ok who is having problems with their drone?

Every time I take this out I spend most of the first battery trying to get this to fly right. I get the compass calibrated, got 13-18 satellites. I take off and let it settle and it will toilet bowl just a bit. Try to fly straight out and it veers to the left. Let off the sticks and it still will go left on it’s own. Stop it then it will start a big toilet bowl.

I go through this process about 3 times disconnect re calibrate and fly. Then for some reason it works just fine. Then about once a battery it looses connection. Screen freezes and I got no stick controls and it returns to home

Then there are pictures. When I take the first pic I hear the shutter sound on the app and I get a bar that pops up on the bottom of my screen in Chinese. After that no shutter sound. Then I have to download the pics from the app itself later to save them. But today that didn’t work. No pics. Not even on the memory card

And now to tracking. The first time I tried it it worked. It followed me but the drop down bar for hight control was blank
The next time I tried it the hight bar was blank and all the drone did drop to the ground every time I hit tracking. Today I tried it again. It held its position, drop down bar was blank but if you scrolled the bar you could hear it change position but the drone didn’t change altitude

I feel that all these issues are app related. It sucks because it flies pretty good. Video is ok if the light is good but there is jello. What do you expect for a $200 drone? Well one that at least works right. Should have spent the money on a DJI. Help me out here or let me know if you got the same issues

Thanks
Im having issues from the 1st attempt to fly. I do the horizontal calibration and then change position to vertical( which takes a few spins) . Gives me the all clear to fly and then does the toilet bowl of death. I've waited for 13 satellites and the same thing happens, massive toilet bowl and the controller stops responding and drone flies off into the bushes.
I deleted and then reinstalled App( both Enjoy fly and C-Fly) same story. I'm on 12 attempts now and it does the same thing every time!

no one has any advice/ experience with these so its super frustrating.
Mar 11, 2020, 07:24 PM
Lost it again!!!!!
Thread OP
Yea I’m sorry. Seems like we got similar issues. I would have to calibrate a few times before it would fly right. Never had one fly away though
Mar 14, 2020, 04:45 AM
I just posted and now I've bumped into your thread.
I have only just got my faith and again think the drone is fine for the cost. Unfortunately the app!! Took it out yesterday and got the all clear on the app , took off " toilet bowled" into a tree and broke a leg and propeller.
From what I get from the company is there is a major update coming in the next 2 months. (We can hope.)
If anyone knows how to solve the compass calibration problem PLEASE let us know .
Mar 30, 2020, 09:44 AM
YES please.... I don't even manage to get the vertical calibration done. Maybe 1 out of 30 attempts. Crap!
I experienced uncontrolled flights as well, usually with a "too high electromagnetic interferences" warning. I tried different spots, always the same thing.
I should have bought a DJI I think, this one is not worth $10 as it does not what it is supposed to do.
Apr 04, 2020, 12:57 PM

Same Problem

I see that I am not the only one to have the calibration problem. I have tried many times over the past several months to get a clean calibration without success. Screen always says “Calibration Unsuccessful”. I get a green light on the drone but then get severe toilet bowling. I don’t trust the drone to fly correctly.
Apr 05, 2020, 07:33 PM
I am part of an Ex4 Drone group in Brazil and today we are 64 members.
We are having a bad experience with the Drone, many people are upset with the equipment so we made this list below with our main problems:
1) Loss of signal and consequently fall or loss of the drone.
2) Video image on the cell phone screen with enjoy-fly app for Android and IOS crashing and loss of connection with the app, it also happens with c-fly.
3) When the Drone takes off and is in GPS mode it shows instability it is drifting from one side to the other it cannot be stable, the pilot needs to be correcting.
4) Gimbal becoming crooked even though making numerous calibrations.
3) Unavailability of the enjoy-fly application in the play store for download.
4) Which app do you recommend enjoy-fly or c-fly? Because both work on Ex4 but which one do you recommend?

For knowledge, the manual was read by several people in the group and we followed all guidelines according to the manufacturer.
What are you going to do to solve these reported problems?
We need your help.

Regards,

Charles Martins
Apr 08, 2020, 02:35 PM

JJRC x12 won't turn on

I just go a JJRC x12. I am having quite a bit of trouble with it. Have yet to even see the props move. I first tried to calibrate it. I read the manual and watched you-tube, but couldn't get it to calibrate. I decided to move it to a different location to try again. Now it won't even turn on! When I hold the power button, it plays the first few notes of it's little tune than stops abruptly and the green light turns off. I have no idea what the problem is. I topped off the battery and controller, so it is not lack of power. I tried switching the battery and it powered up. Tried calibration again and it failed again. Then the drone won’t turn on again with either battery. How to fix?
Apr 11, 2020, 02:54 AM
Hi
When turning on my drone(jjrc x12) , the blue light is still visible ...
the green light dose not appear ... please help me
May 11, 2020, 07:03 PM

struggles with JJRC x12 + tips

I am sort of a beginner and have struggles with my drone. Some of my struggles have nothing to do with the drone, but my lack of knowledge about how drones work. I thought I would share some things I have learned. There are 5 apps out there for the X12 and related drones. C-Fly and Enjoy-fly seem to be the same with a different beginning screen. They have the same version number. There is another one, CFLY (no dash) looks very different. Then there is JJRC and JJRC X, also very different looking. I have only tried the first 2.

There are 2 manuals available, a lot of the same stuff, but some explained in a different way. One is at JJRC web site the other is at Eachine site, the CFly manual is the exact same as the JJRC manual.

Blue light indicates the controller is not connected even though you do have GPS. There are 2 ways to connect and fly the drone. You select this at the time you connect your wifi. If you select the "drone" wifi then you are only using the app to fly. If you select the "controller" wifi (for me that takes an extra 20 or 30 seconds to show up), than you are using the controller to control the flight.

Drone will not take off if in the beginners mode and on Position mode and GPS is not calibrated. You can fly in altitude mode but it is more difficult to control. My app will not let me change the beginners mode or even the height or distance I want it to go. (not that I am ready to change it yet). I think that must be an app problem?

About taking good video, take in the altitude mode, not the position mode where the GPS is constantly working to keep the drone in place which can causes jerky and jelly movements.

That my 2 cents worth, any of you guys have additional tips?
May 21, 2020, 03:58 PM

Same over here

Everything succussful, looks great, then the drone goes up, the light switches between blue and green and the toilet bowel starts. Realy annoying.

Sometimes it works and i can fly 300+m away and 100+m high.

I have a feeling, that it helps, when you start the drone while it stands on a level place and can correcly operate the 30seconds self inspection (as you can read in the manuel). Also: After you removed the battery click the button on the drone as you want to start it. the led will turn on for a part of a second because there is still a minimum of voltage. After that insert a battery and start a next try.

Today the first flight worked (great feeling). After turning off and on and new calibration the known error appeared. Changed battery, recalibrating, everything off and on, all of it like 15 times. No success.

Last week no problems.

2 weeks ago no chance to fly, just compass problems.
May 25, 2020, 08:25 AM
Essex
And I was just preparing to buy one of these, seemed perfect for what I want. Now, having read this, I might hold back a while, see if they manage to sort it.

Pity though, the auto-stabilising gimbal etc. looked really good. I'll battle on with my XS812 for a while longer, which interestingly enough, is doing exactly the same thing, intermittent toilet bowl sometimes cured by multiple calibrations.

Thank you all for the heads-up.

Quick Reply