Jan 24, 2020, 06:16 PM
Thread OP
Rave

Volantex Ranger 2000 $45.99 with free shipping

You don't need a 2 meter plane, but for $46 you know you want one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32822635158.html

Or search Ali Express for "Volantex Ranger 2000 V757-8 2000mm Wingspan EPO FPV Aircraft RC Airplane KIT".

Listed for $49.99, then they have a $2 store coupon plus $2 new customer coupon and free shipping.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2020, 02:34 PM
Will try. At least if it won't ship, I can file a claim with AliEx.

Sent from my phone.
Jan 25, 2020, 08:54 PM
RCRoger2001
Just Venting my Experience with Volantex

rcroger2001
Last edited by RCRoger2001; Jan 26, 2020 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Wrong Model Info
Jan 25, 2020, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRoger2001
If this Plane is anything like the Volantex 742-5; SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

A Model to Look at NOT to FLY!!!

The 742-5 has H inges made of Super THIN Plastic !!

Balance & re-Balance, Check ALL Throws Etc, ETC Could NEVER get it to into STABLE Flite!!!

I finally GAVE UP!!I 've Built Many, Many Powered Planes (inc 1/4 Scale Gas pwrd AND

Elec pwrd Gliders that would Fly Circles around the 742 !!!

Made to Look at NOT FLY!!!

rcroger2001
It's the ranger, not the phoenix series.
Pusher glider.

Sent from my phone.
Jan 27, 2020, 06:00 AM
AMA 1242

Quote:

rcroger2001
I have one flies very well? Not a windy day flier but really nice in mild wind???
Jan 27, 2020, 11:30 AM
RCRoger2001
Hello Hank

Glad to hear you gt a Good one.

I Build & fly 2 & 3 Meter Non Contest Elec gliders so I was excited to try this Type Glider for a change of Pace

It's very L I G H T so I should have kept that in mind when flying it.

I Removed the Landing Wheel and it's foam cover so I could get inside the Fuse to run the misc Servo Leads etc and secure the Radio Rcvr.etc
Balanced & rebalanced everything & used the Full range of Throttle settings to try to Tame it Down. No good

Also Checked the Wing Incidence: It was 3 Degrees UP !! (The Horiz Stab was Level AND There was NO Down Thrust on the Motor !!

Finally decided I'd had ENOUGH!! and GAVE UP!! Got the Local "Experts" involved and they asked "What Kind of Radio and Where did you Get ??

WHOA !!!From a guy I didn't Know .............At a Garage Sale !!! Strike One !!!

That could have been the Problem ALL along !! Took ALL the Guts out of the glider, put it away till this Summer, Used the Radio for Target Practice AND we'll try it again!!

Oh MY!! I didn't know Eating Crow was SooooooooooTasty !!! Regards rcroger2001
Last edited by RCRoger2001; Jan 27, 2020 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Add more Info
Jan 28, 2020, 06:34 AM
AMA 1242

Quote:
Hello Hank

I Build & fly 2 & 3 Meter Non Contest Elec gliders so I was excited to try this Type Glider for a change of Pace

I Removed the Landing Wheel and it's foam cover so I could get inside the Fuse to run the misc Servo Leads etc and secure the Radio Rcvr.etc
Balanced & rebalanced everything & used the Full range of Throttle settings to try to Tame it Down. No good

Also Checked the Wing Incidence: It was 3 Degrees UP !! (The Horiz Stab was Level AND There was NO Down Thrust on the Motor !!

Finally decided I'd had ENOUGH!! and GAVE UP!! Got the Local "Experts" involved and they asked "What Kind of Radio and Where did you Get ??

WHOA !!!From a guy I didn't Know .............At a Garage Sale !!! Strike One !!!

That could have been the Problem ALL along !! Took ALL the Guts out of the glider, put it away till this Summer, Used the Radio for Target Practice AND we'll try it again!!

Built mine stock no changes ,
Jan 28, 2020, 08:42 PM
FireHawx
Quote:
Hello Hank

I have one as well and it's a good stable flier.
Feb 05, 2020, 06:42 AM
Update:
They cancelled my order.
Hahahahah

Sent from my phone.
Feb 05, 2020, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
Damn, cancelled my order too.
Feb 06, 2020, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
Damn, cancelled my order too.
I don't think it's a shipping issue but a price mistake issue.

Sent from my phone.
Feb 07, 2020, 12:14 AM
Thread OP
"mistake"..

Quick Reply