Mar 29, 2020, 04:16 PM
So thanks to Corona I have loads of time on my hands and have got next to nothing done recently.....

Plan was to knock out a Trottledecker from plan and then look at a 3D printed wing.

I kept kind of coming back to a mini Panic so I sent Aircraft an E-Mail asking if they would have any objections, Thomas has published the Trottledecker but copying a Panic wouldn't be very ethical or honest. No reply yet but if they do come back and say 'no' I will nor be posting details although I will probably still do one for myself.

Still work in progress but got onto Fusion today and instead of doing Thomas's it turned into a Panic.....

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2020, 06:15 PM
If it flies - I want one!
Looks neat, Paul - a relatively simple conversion to build that to the Trottledecker format.
I have made a start, plan printed, cut up and templates cut for the tricky shapes.
Didn't want to waste precious Depron by incorporating the cabane struts in the fuselage side, so will cut them separately and reinforce as needed.
Cheers,
Pete
Apr 01, 2020, 12:24 AM
And the foam bits mostly cut out.
Apr 03, 2020, 04:47 PM
Lookin' good, I had a disaster but I may have got around it (hope) and will post when I get further.

Still haven't got any further with the 3D printed one, locked down at home but no (not enough) time for fun......

Paul
Apr 04, 2020, 09:20 PM
The great thing with minor disasters (oxymoron?) in foam is that they are usually easily corrected - onwards to glory!
My build is puddling along gently (don't want to finish too early and run out of projects or foam!) with the KF layers added and a start made on the fuselage.
Next steps are to carve then sand the leading edge profiles and continue building the fuselage box.
Cheers,
Pete
Apr 06, 2020, 03:43 PM
Lookin' good Fella....

Not too far behind you but other stuff getting in the way, I might be ready to Rock n' Roll at the weekend, hummm, Easter Egg livery????

Paul
Apr 06, 2020, 06:01 PM
Thanks, going slowly here in the gaps between 'life'.
No sense in rushing, because we are in lock-down/house arrest/home detention/old-fart isolation until our government lets us out again.
No fly till then.
Excellent to have a hobby that can engage us indoors and out!
Cheers,
Pete
Apr 06, 2020, 11:59 PM
"Had to do a trial assembly to improve morale. "

Looking good, morale must have improved greatly.
Apr 07, 2020, 01:29 AM
Yep!
Apr 08, 2020, 03:57 AM
Need to sort servo mounting before closing up the fuselage and sanding the corners a bit.
Trying a different method for the ailerons - one servo each side, and direct drive to both ailerons.
Servo mounting also an experiment - clearance holes in the foam and small ply mounts glued inside.
Apr 08, 2020, 10:07 AM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael763
"Had to do a trial assembly to improve morale. "

Looking good, morale must have improved greatly.
I do this on every model, and it improves morale!!
Apr 08, 2020, 05:44 PM
Hi Thomas,
While you are near, could you please outline your preferred throws and expo ('normal' and 'crazy') for aileron, elevator, rudder?
I'm getting close to deciding on control horn lengths, and that will determine maximum throw.
Apologies if it is already on the plan and I missed it.
Cheers, and thanks for a fun build,
Pete
Apr 09, 2020, 02:00 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
Hi Pete,
elevator: 20-45mm,
aileron:15-30mm
rudder: 30-55mm
throw measured from neutral to each direction
expo strongly recommended.
Keep rudder horns short!