This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 24, 2020, 07:27 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

XK A600 AKA the crash monster !

XK A600 , gone in 60 seconds . (1 min 4 sec)

I seem to have found a serious problem ..
Playing with the XK A600 after repairs and watching this video ..
It would seem that the XK A600 kicks in left rudder when the plane is in certain orientation ..

One second I am fighting to keep control and the next it is flying ok , then suddenly it goes weird on me again .
I can only put it down to the plane suddenly kicking in full left rudder for some reason .

WOW ! So my last 4 planes have been horribly disappointing .

DLG glider with a warped wing .
Decathlon
XK A600
and a Stagger Wing biplane that was killed for exactly the same cause as my DLG ( Hard left turn built in )
Damn ..
Out of 6 new planes , 4 have been bad to terrible .

Back to the XK A600 ..
Perhaps part of the problem is that XK may have used a helicopter flight board ... (?)
Do we really need a gyro on the rudder ?
I have no choice , I have had to unplug the rudder servo ..

The XK A600 did fly like a normal RC plane , well a little bit ! The rest of the time I was fighting to keep it away from terrafirma .
Yeah , well the XK A600 Won in the end and it slammed the ground hard enough to break the wing .

Next outing !
No rudder , and a little bit of lead in the nose ..
Last edited by old4570; Jan 25, 2020 at 08:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply